Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Rushall Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 06 Oct 2018, 16:59

3 wins in a week! Bit of positivity needed (possibly) ;D ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Oct 2018, 17:20

Certainly the best all round performance I've seen this season. Passing the ball, doing the simple things, getting a foot in where necessary, keeping our shape, not hitting desperate long balls, taking on defenders etc etc. We CAN produce these performances. Well done ALL. ;D

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Oct 2018, 17:21

Nice to see us passing it about. Bar the last 20 minutes of the first half, it was refreshing to watch. Well chuffed.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Oct 2018, 17:27

Roberts rightly took MOM and others had a shout for it too, but would like to give a shout to our young on loan keeper Gregory. Won't be the most difficult game he will ever have but for an 18 year old it was a assured display. Dealt with all the balls into the box and made a couple of good saves and distributed the ball well also. Well done! With Platty very disappointingly out for the season it would be worth trying to hold on to him for longer possibly.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 06 Oct 2018, 17:33

It has to be said, that's the best I've seen us play for quite a while. Which in itself isn't a compliment, I suppose. The first half wasn't the greatest game, from either side. If anything Rushall edged it, and probably should have scored with the 3 or 4 good chances that they had.

The second half we dominated. We actually tried to play football. It was all very positive. Long may that continue.

Roberts is just a superb footballer at this level, isn't he?

For once, I have left the Grove happy with what I've seen.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 06 Oct 2018, 17:55

I agree much improved performance today, but one question, five named on bench but did not see Agbor all game, Warmer - is he fit to play, however other than Platt who else remains in the current squad to fill the bench?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Oct 2018, 18:28

Att 406. With virtually none from Rushall and them lot down the road playing (and beating :-\ ) Kiddy in the cup, not bad I guess.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Oct 2018, 19:08

After a hardy few have spent Tuesday evening getting lost on the Redditch ring road for a meaningless match we have 2 really tough games. I don't know if Roberts will still be with us but if John sets us up in the same way as today I feel we could get positive results at both Coalville and Leiston. The way we knocked it round on the deck today was what ultimately gave us the victory. More of the same will keep the punters happy even when we don't win.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Oct 2018, 19:09

andy wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 19:08
After a hardy few have spent Tuesday evening getting lost on the Redditch ring road for a meaningless match we have 2 really tough games. I don't know if Roberts will still be with us but if John sets us up in the same way as today I feel we could get positive results at both Coalville and Leiston. The way we knocked it round on the deck today was what ultimately gave us the victory. More of the same will keep the punters happy even when we don't win.
Umm. Thatll be me then :-[

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 06 Oct 2018, 19:16

Great to win three games in a week. Remarkably we are just two points off the playoffs now.

I didn’t think the performance was great today but a few sparks of brilliance turned the game. The new winger is superb (and yes I know I was bemoaning our lack of talent in that position last week), but it is wasteful having Roberts out on the other side when he is such a danger. If we can get another left-sided player to beat a man and play Roberts through the middle then we could be lethal.

Rushall were a poor team. Their centre backs could head all day but as soon as we ran at them then we took them apart. There’s a definite drop down in standard in this new league and so, bizarrely, there’s no reason why we can’t step up our ambition as a result.