Bedworth

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedworth

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Sep 2018, 20:11

jhazz99 wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 18:56
We need some proper width on both flanks to at least try and stretch teams, everything is virtually over the top through the middle and lawton up top was surely clutching at straws?
Ekongo and Kelly.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Sep 2018, 20:14

andy wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 18:57
One other troubling thing for me is if there is still anyone left who wants to defend our play, they will have a valid arguement. We are 13th, not bad, and we are unbeaten in five. This though is no reflection on what we have to watch week in week out. I fear change may still be a way off.
Anyone with half a brain cell will come to the concussion we're awful. Any other summarisation is incorrect.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Sep 2018, 20:16

andy wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 19:01
I fear somebody will see the potential in Jack and we will lose yet another quality player. For me, with Roberts, the best we have got.
We have a tactical genius in charge. He can't get the best out these players so they must be poor.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 29 Sep 2018, 20:22

I reckon the powers that be will end up giving JH a new 10 year contract after that enthralling performance today. :-\

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Sep 2018, 20:39

dalevillain wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 20:22
I reckon the powers that be will end up giving JH a new 10 year contract after that enthralling performance today. :-\
What's the point? He's ubsackable.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Sep 2018, 20:55

piearce9 wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 19:42

Not sure I share the adulation of Kelly. He’s very hit and miss with his delivery.

Seriously? I won't argue with your opinion as we are all searching for different chinks of light in a cloudy sky. I really feel though if we gave Kelly license to take on full backs from a wide midfield position we could create a lot of chances. We have no better crosser of a ball in the squad. I just feel at left back in a four he is too shackled to a defensive role and it is too much to ask for him to bomb forward all game. In a five at the back it works but as a four it doesn't. Wide midfield for me. On the other side of the park Gilpin certainly doesn't work, Ekongo probably would. We have to try and spread the play because this dross through the middle ( or should I say over the middle) hasn't worked for a long, long time.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 29 Sep 2018, 20:59

A bright enough start Roberts and Hughes going close early on but their efforts when just over, Lawton scored but got caught narrowly offside in the first half hour or so, Platty then gets whacked by Isedyn Christie (Get well soon Platty) and we then struggled to create much. Gilpin went through one on one and instead of shooting or trying to round the keeper for some reason passed the ball backwards to nothing but a green shirt. We didn't really give them much chance to test out Hughesy as we managed to block or restrict any efforts on goal until really late. Second half was poor in that we didn't manage to muster one attempt on target until Asa nicked it late.
They were poor, we were poor but it's a much needed win - and hopefully a confidence booster.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 29 Sep 2018, 22:56

Today as many users have said sounds like we just papered over the cracks. They are a poor side and by the sounds of it really struggled. I suppose it’s what ambitions The Owens have if they just see us consolidating in this league then they will stick with the current duo if they have any ambition they will surely see that this isn’t working.
In terms of current players Gilpin I have been not impressed with, bragoli I was surprised to see start. Like a previous poster said can’t understand the Goddard situation and only a matter of time until he decides he has had enough. On the positive side we have an excellent new keeper in Hughes . Never the less we will take the 3 points as we are going to need them by all looks of things.

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 30 Sep 2018, 12:41

The Owens have if they just see us consolidating in this league then they will

I think you meant owners - didn't think I had that power.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 30 Sep 2018, 13:43

Stella's right - you haven't! 😯