Ft att 511

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kings Lynn Updates

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Sep 2018, 16:59

andy wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 16:57
Ft att 511
Decent attendance. Presumably a good King's Lynn following.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Sep 2018, 17:06

How did we play?

It appears to be another poor result against a poor side, at home. It's another 2 points dropped after leading 2-1.

We're now winless in six league games...

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 15 Sep 2018, 17:24

Disappointing to draw given we were leading, however, I’d say a draw was a fair result. We played well overall. Pressed and hassled in the final third, played some neat football at times, and I think the line up and formation was quite positive.

Now can we talk about the elephant in the room? Whatever deal he is on, whatever we pay him, please can we just draw a line under Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, relieve him of his contract, and pretend it never happened. He is dreadful. Completely unfit, totally immobile, and has zero influence on the game. Could be one of the worst signings in Yeltz history. Get rid.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Sep 2018, 17:33

piearce9 wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 17:24

Now can we talk about the elephant in the room? Whatever deal he is on, whatever we pay him, please can we just draw a line under Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, relieve him of his contract, and pretend it never happened. He is dreadful. Completely unfit, totally immobile, and has zero influence on the game. Could be one of the worst signings in Yeltz history. Get rid.
You've just best me to it. I can't remember a worse signing. He gives us absolutely nothing.
The game itself we were ok though, looked more like a team that could work as such. Roberts again stood out and Kelly again looked as dangerous as anyone. I'd seriously look at playing him left side of midfield if we are now sticking with 4 at the back, and let him get forward down the wing as often as possible to put those crosses in. Anyway better than of late so that's a positive.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Sep 2018, 17:35

piearce9 wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 17:24
Disappointing to draw given we were leading, however, I’d say a draw was a fair result. We played well overall. Pressed and hassled in the final third, played some neat football at times, and I think the line up and formation was quite positive.

He's not done a lot, has he? Surely he's not here on the cheap so releasing would free up some budget to get bodies in, in areas we need.

I do wonder what the fitness regime is like? I recall Yeltz 27 harking on about this a while back. If you think back to when Christie joined, he was similar size, but soon got in shape, when we had Kev Barry as part of the coaching staff, doing the fitness work.

SEB doesn't look any fitter since he joined.
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 15 Sep 2018, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 15 Sep 2018, 17:42

But Christie had brains and could do the hold up play and flick-ons for Ben. He had that element of quality that you look for in an ex-pro.

Ebanks-Blake doesn’t offer anything whatsoever. Honestly, we just need to cut our losses with him. It was a gamble that hasn’t paid off (and won’t pay off).

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 15 Sep 2018, 17:43

A much improved performance in every sense. We still look abit suspect at times especially defensively but overall better. Maybe things are starting to click into place? But saying that we have just drawn so can’t be to positive. One gripe I would say and I know a lot of people had the same opinion the substitutions were very baffling and do not understand that in the slightest thought we lost our way and didn’t improve the team in the slightest and cost us. Agree with the previous poster Ebanks-Blake is not upto it in the slightest and don’t know what they see in him and surely enough is enough .

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Sep 2018, 17:45

piearce9 wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 17:42
But Christie had brains and could do the hold up play and flick-ons for Ben. He had that element of quality that you look for in an ex-pro.

Ebanks-Blake doesn’t offer anything whatsoever. Honestly, we just need to cut our losses with him. It was a gamble that hasn’t paid off (and won’t pay off).
I can't argue with that. Just pointing out, he's lost no weight or doesn't look any fitter. Why?