Re: Bromsgrove

Post by Johnny Bud » 31 Jul 2018, 21:03

Subs on: Agbor and MacPherson

Off: Hughes and Ebanks-Blake

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 31 Jul 2018, 21:15

Sub. I'm updating in place of Johnny Bud. They've run out of cider so he's going off before he gets the shakes.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 31 Jul 2018, 21:19

Sub - looks like Lawton coming back on in place of Haworth.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 31 Jul 2018, 21:30

FT 3-1.

Attendance 407.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 31 Jul 2018, 21:54

Halesowen Town 3 Bromsgrove Sporting 1

Halesowen notched their second home friendly win of the week with all four goals scored in an exciting first half.

The Yeltz raced quickly out of the blocks to take a two-goal lead against their Southern League Division One Central visitors within the opening 11 minutes. Lee Hughes headed on to set up Ivor LAWTON to convert off the post for the 2nd minute opening goal. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake was then denied by goalkeeper Reece Francis in front of goal but HUGHES soon doubled the lead in the 11th minute by calmly beating Bromsgrove goalkeeper Francis from close range against a static defence.

The Rouslers went close after 15 minutes when Dan Platt saved after Richard Gregory collected Tory Herbert’s right wing cross to shoot. But GREGORY did pull a goal back in the 16th minute by side-stepping his marker to beat Platt after being set up by Liam Armstrong. Jack Wilson then lashed a shot wide and Herbert fired another effort at Platt. The Yeltz went 3-1 ahead in the 37th minute through a sliced OWN GOAL, with the ball looping up and over goalkeeper Francis following a home free-kick.

After the interval Hughes tried to chip the Bromsgrove goalkeeper in the 55th minute and substitute Aaron Gilpin drove wide from the left on a 64th minute Yeltz break. Rouslers’ substitute Guy Clark fired a good chance over the bar with 12 minutes remaining of a second half that lacked the early intensity of the first period following numerous substitutions for both teams.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Sam Tonks (Enock Ekongo 46), Jack Kelly, Jack Rea (Aaron Gilpin 29), Danny Bragoli, Jack Dean (Bradley Lewis 46), Ivor Lawton (Sam Tonks 74), Andy Haworth (Ivor Lawton 77), Lee Hughes (Roland Agbor 64), Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Nick MacPherson 64), Ahmed Ali. Subs: Tom Warmer.

Bromsgrove Sporting: Reece Francis; Aaron Williams, Jack Wilson, Liam Armstrong, Tom Taylor, Daniel Morris, Tory Herbert, Nathan Hayward, Will Shorrock, Richard Gregory, Danny Jackman. Used Subs: Jono Brown, Guy Clark, Tom Rankin, Jack Cresswell, Aaron Roberts, Charlie Dowd, Jamie Clarke, R’mar Murray.

Referee: Terry Holbrook
Attendance: 407

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 31 Jul 2018, 22:01

Comfy win tbh, Bromsgrove fairly uninspiring.

Do still need to fix the back line and it concerns me that our seemingly-preferred centre backs are due to return from holiday straight into a league game.

Not being negative though, it was all good shizzle tonight and some nice stuff being played. Good turnout too. Really hope we can get off to a good start vs Lowestoft.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 31 Jul 2018, 22:40

Not much to say that I've not already said this pre-season. It was another enjoyable game. Massive room for improvement at the back. We badly need a couple of centre backs to come in and strengthen that area. But at times we played some bloody good football today (are we bearing the fruits of Sneekes first team coaching?). Ali and Kelly were the standout performers. Again.

It's frustrating watching Ebanks-Blake at the moment. It's clear for all to see the quality is there, but he's just half a yard off it at the moment. That will, of course, come in time. It's already shaping up to be a great partnership between him and Hughes who are already showing some great moments of understanding.

I'm still proceeding with cautious optimism, as we've seen this all before in pre-season. I have a horrible fear we'll revert back to panic hoofball come Lowestoft. I hope that fear is misplaced.

I'm very much excited for the new season. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 31 Jul 2018, 23:13

Another pre season game, another win and another pleasing performance from the Yeltz - the second in a week, we are being spoilt!

Just to echo the other comments really, despite looking pretty decent going forward we do look shaky at the back and an area we need to look at. Having said that we were missing two key players there tonight. But still think we may need another one or two additions - Bragoli has done a job the last two games but is not really an answer in that position long term for me.

But let’s not be negative, think it’s the most eagerly awaited season in a long time for the Yeltz, lets hope it’s not a let down. Fingers crossed we can try and get another friendly arranged before the 11th August too!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 01 Aug 2018, 00:07

A good test for us I thought tonight against a decent Bromsgrove side who will, no doubt do well next season again. The tempo was certainly a little more blood and thunder than Saturday with a few challenges flying in from both sides. I thought we started well and of course the early goal helped us with a fine finish from Lawton after a quality ball put into the box. We looked good value for a 2-0 lead when Hughes scored although I initially thought he was offside. Their goal was well taken to pull it back to 2-1 but I'm sure defensively we could have done better with this goal. The own goal to put us 3-1 up was certainly fortuitous but if you put quality balls into dangerous areas there are chances that that kind of goal will happen.
Second half they had more of the play I felt but despite that we still had chances, the changes didn't help us and we lost a bit of the momentum in the game but I feel have to do more defending will help us. For me it was noticeable that this team certainly has more people prepared to organise and call, at times last season we were too quiet and players were afraid to take responsibility. Of course confidence is a factor in this but when you look at the team today Bragoli, Platt, Ali, Hughes, Ebanks-Blake and in particular Lawton were leading the team as and when required. The newer lads of Dean, Rae and Howarth are also quite vociferous which makes a big difference I feel. This is a team with energy, fitness, pace and mostly confidence. With Asa, Goddard and Baker to add to that squad it is certainly looking good, especially when we get to see Warmer back also. There are lots of options with this squad - lets hope we can build on the last two games ready for the new season.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ