old git wrote:
21 Apr 2018, 18:09
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
21 Apr 2018, 16:39
Poll wrote:
21 Apr 2018, 16:36
1-1 Agbor.

How come he doesnt start?
I’d love to hear John’s reasons for not starting him. Anyone got any ideas?
I asked him the question recently and was told that Roland all too often doesn't turn up for training or to travel to half the away games, so in fairness it sounds like a sensible decision, as if he was made a regular starter what message would that send out to the rest of the squad about training and travelling?
He scores vital goals in league games. I don’t give a fuck what he does or doesn’t do on the training ground - he does it where it counts.

If what he does behind the scenes is so bad he shouldn't be on the bench...by being on the bench John has acknowledged him, so should be starting...

Then again we have a manager who plays his mates above talent... shocking. And plays players who should be no where near the squad.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: The Wire

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Apr 2018, 20:54

Apparently he was on holiday or something...but he’s ok to come from the bench, but not start, weird. Release him and not play him or start him?

By the Josh is spelt with a capital ‘J’.
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 21 Apr 2018, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Apr 2018, 20:57

I’m not the only one who asked, so it’s nice to be singled out!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 21 Apr 2018, 21:03

Not long back.

A good performance from the team today, it was tough going at times with Warrington having much of the ball in both halves. We caused them little trouble going forward in the first half with Hughes being well marshalled in particular and support to him sporadic. We defended deep, but defended well causing the home side to take long range pot shots that didn't really trouble us other than one effort that hit the bar and one good save from Platt from a long range effort when he appeared to see it late through a crowd of players. As I say, they had the majority of the ball, but for a second successive week we've looked relatively comfortable against a side aiming for promotion. We never looked like winning in truth, but 6 weeks ago we would have been a few goals down by half time.

The second half changes we made helped our forward momentum, Agbor came on and once again looked lively, but the extra attacking threat we had opened the game up a little for the opposition too. For their goal, the ball may have possibly been out of play in the build up, (I look forward to seeing the highlights to clarify) but Platty really had little to do for most of the game. Agbor's goal was a good finish from a good spell of play and the goal took the wind out of the home sides sails.

As for Agbor, his canny knack of scoring goals really means he should play more, however if the lad isn't there at training or able to travel to a number of away games no way should he walk into the team when he is there, what kind of message does that send out to the others in the squad, especially when a couple of the lads do a fair amount of travelling to just get to training?

Special mention today for me is for Kyle Morrison, he doesn't get much in the way of headlines and has had a tough season, I thought he was excellent today and as a player you can see how he is maturing, he's perhaps not one who folks would see as a player who they'd like to see stay next year but he'll only be better from the experience of such a tough season.
Last edited by RobYeltz on 21 Apr 2018, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Apr 2018, 21:08

Rob, I’d rather have a player who scores goals than a player who misses form six yards out? Would you not agree?

I think a worse message to the team is when a player plays every week when they’re constantly poor? What message does that send when you play well, yet you’re dropped?

Odd.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Apr 2018, 21:12

By the way, I thought we were excellent against Coalville on Tuesday, first half before anyone has a moan.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 21 Apr 2018, 21:23

My opinion is this is semi professional football, and with that a certain amount of commitment is required to warrant a place in the team. I don't know the circumstances of the players and I don't know the ins and outs of their availability. I'd prefer for Agbor to be there all the time and on the coach to away games as he makes a difference to us, for whatever reason that hasn't been possible and he's not playing as much as we would all like. As I say, for me I see the reason why he isn't playing more you can't just walk into a team.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Apr 2018, 21:30

If you score goals. You get in the team. End of. Am I alone in this? I’d be interested to know?

I kind of agree with Rob that hard work should be appreciated. But goals win games. I don’t care if you don’t train. If you score a goal for my team during league games then you’re good enough.

Or would we rather have a rubbish player who trains all the time?

Interesting to know folks.

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 21 Apr 2018, 22:25

Derek is exactly where he should be. On the bench. Great as an impact player. Whenever I've seen him start he just isn't the same. I've seen fellow players and the bench constantly having to "coach him" during games which is probably explained by the lack of attendance at training. Could be a really good player for us with more commitment. A real shame.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 22 Apr 2018, 07:42

Good shout from Rob on Kyle Morrison - he’s definitely on my shortlist of players to keep over the summer.

As for Agbor, he’s a great player to bring on late in a game for 10-15 mins of running at defenders with tired legs. The stuff that’s come out about him going AWOL is quite funny really- sounds like he’s nailed on for Manager’s Player at the awards night (if he’s there). :D