Coalville Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville Updates

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Apr 2018, 22:02

I’m not quite sure what to make of what I’ve just seen. In thee first half we really played well. Probably the best I’ve seen us for a while. Brogili had three excellent chances and we should have gone into halftime at least 3-0 up. The lack of cutting edge first half is what’s ultimately cost us the three points.

We started the second half so sloppy and so deep it took 25 minutes to wake up. I think Coalville’s play in the second half and our lack of positivity warranted a goal for them. They missed a one on one and hit the post as we struggled to clear our lines. It’s time to bring out the old cliché - a game of two halves.

In the second half we stopped doing everything that we were doing well in the first half, that is, getting the ball down on the floor, playing it out from the back and getting it out wide and producing quality crosses. Their GK looked shakey coming and trying to claim crosses and every time we went forward we looked like scoring. Quite why we changed tactics second half, to the long ball, deep defensive display, I don’t know.

As I posted on the Ashton match thread I like the look of the core of this squad. We have an excellent GK, who made a number of good saves again tonight, two very good full backs who provide good width & some excellent balls into the box, and striker in Hughes who gives us quality going forward. I think the likes of Poscha, Goddard, Ali and Agbor are good players too.

We’re two or three additions away from a very good team capable of a very good season next season. I’d like to see a good winger come in to give us more balance on the right hand side. That’s really letting us down at the moment.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville Updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 17 Apr 2018, 22:17

andy wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 21:45
Watching Cagliari getting smashed in the San Siro and now reading of a last minute penalty sinking us makes me realise I hate football. :-\
....and you've forgotten BCFC!😨