Stafford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stafford Updates

Post by dalevillain » 07 Apr 2018, 17:21

Decent result and a relief to see that safety has been confirmed when a few months ago it appeared relegation looked almost inevitable.

Well done to the management and the players for turning things round the past couple of months with some positive results. I think special praise needs to go to Lee Hughes as the signing of him seems to have lifted the team and given us that bit of experience and fight needed.

It’s a great relief that we’re staying at this level but we shouldn’t celebrate survival as a club with the potential of Halesowen Town FC should be setting their sights higher but after another dismal season at least it’s the only crumb of comfort to take.

Surely with a new ownership structure in place for next season it’s got to time for a change in management too? I thank JH for all he has done for us and his efforts but please please please it’s time for a change surely?!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Apr 2018, 17:32

Well done to Lee Hughes for getting us over the line! He’s been vital and without him I feel we’d still be in trouble.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Apr 2018, 17:49

dalevillain wrote:
07 Apr 2018, 17:21
Decent result and a relief to see that safety has been confirmed when a few months ago it appeared relegation looked almost inevitable.

Well done to the management and the players for turning things round the past couple of months with some positive results. I think special praise needs to go to Lee Hughes as the signing of him seems to have lifted the team and given us that bit of experience and fight needed.

It’s a great relief that we’re staying at this level but we shouldn’t celebrate survival as a club with the potential of Halesowen Town FC should be setting their sights higher but after another dismal season at least it’s the only crumb of comfort to take.

Surely with a new ownership structure in place for next season it’s got to time for a change in management too? I thank JH for all he has done for us and his efforts but please please please it’s time for a change surely?!
Good post.

I’m of the same opinion. I feel relieved that survival is now guaranteed. But we should never have been in this position.

Nothing about this season should be celebrated - in fact this season should be seen as a failure.

A change is needed to freshen things up. It’s clear John Hill has achieved all he can here.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Selfie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Selfie » 07 Apr 2018, 19:02

YeltzDoc wrote:
07 Apr 2018, 16:57
Yep. They lost 2-1.

http://halfmanhalfbiscuit.uk/trouble-ov ... ally-safe/
Love it!...I’m pinching that for ‘Facebook’ Doc, soz 😳😘

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 07 Apr 2018, 20:54

Spread the word Brother Selfie!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 07 Apr 2018, 22:32

A poor game, with few chances for either team. Stafford looked like a team with little to play for reliant on using their big fella up top. We ground out a draw, our back four and Poscha in front I thought were excellent throughout, we stood up to them well, 6 weeks ago or so we would have crumbled. A point gained to secure our safety is the bigger picture of course. The players who have been around all season deserve some credit, they've ground it out and have shown loyalty to the club when they could have done what some of their team mates earlier in the season have done and gone elsewhere. Hughes has made a massive difference to us and has given the team a lift. Four games left to try and enjoy, hopefully off the field will besorted soon and we can draw a line under a dreadful season and move forwards. Up the Yeltz
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Spooky
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Spooky » 08 Apr 2018, 00:15

I was unsure of signing Hughes, but I have to give credit to the player, I'd say he has single handedly saved our season, so thank you Lee Hughes. 👏