Altrincham Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Altrincham Updates

Post by juanillo » 24 Mar 2018, 17:59

JayTwiggy wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 17:31
Beaten by the better team, simple as that.

I personally feel that we’re not starting our best players and the subs are all wrong.

The effort from the players was there, we just didn’t have the quality. We did seem afraid to pull the trigger though, we had a fair few chances around the edge of the box but no one seemed to fancy the shot.

Don’t think the officials had the best game but take nothing away from Altringham, they deserved it.

On a positive note, the fans and atmosphere was top class again and I’m confident we have enough to stay up.
I agree with this. We were better when Goddard and Agbor came on. The starting XI doesn't look right.

The second half was better, but Altrincham were deserved winners and created the note frequent and better chances.

The relegation issue is in our own hands but we'll be relying on Sutton doing worse as I don't think we will accrue many points.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Mar 2018, 18:02

‘Cheers, I sacked off the 4-4 draw down Kiddy to watch 90 minutes of dross at Halesowen.

Lesson Learned‘

I posted the offer of STH’s of local clubs get in for a fiva on the Albion forum I post on. This is his response.

Well done management for attracting new fans. This is the way to do it.

I don’t blame him.

I try my best to promote this club via social media (despite my negativity towards the current shit - I love this club) and it constantly back fires. I give up.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Mar 2018, 18:17

JayTwiggy wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 17:31
Beaten by the better team, simple as that.

I personally feel that we’re not starting our best players and the subs are all wrong.

The effort from the players was there, we just didn’t have the quality. We did seem afraid to pull the trigger though, we had a fair few chances around the edge of the box but no one seemed to fancy the shot.

Don’t think the officials had the best game but take nothing away from Altringham, they deserved it.

On a positive note, the fans and atmosphere was top class again and I’m confident we have enough to stay up.
100% agree with this. The players shouldn’t share any blame. Goddard should be starting. There’s a certain player who should be no where near the lineup but constantly is. I’m not gonna name names, that’s unfair on the decent lad who works hard. But management, come on! How can you not see what us fans can?

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 24 Mar 2018, 18:48

Maybe the management duo don't like players who are footballers - hence Goddard not starting!
Doesn't fit in with their tactical(?)plan to have someone with creativity, I suppose.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Mar 2018, 19:09

lutleyyeltz wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 18:48
Maybe the management duo don't like players who are footballers - hence Goddard not starting!
Doesn't fit in with their tactical(?)plan to have someone with creativity, I suppose.
‘Tactical plan’? As far as I can see there’s no plan. Goddard should be starting and the only good and valid reason I can see, as a fan, is the fact he can play football and doesn’t fit in with managements chaos. I refuse to call it a plan.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 24 Mar 2018, 19:15

You will notice that I did insert a ? after the word "tactical."

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Mar 2018, 20:04

lutleyyeltz wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 19:15
You will notice that I did insert a ? after the word "tactical."
Noted. I’m not stupid. Despite what people think (not you).

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 24 Mar 2018, 21:41

I have to agree. Can’t workout for the life of me why goddard isn’t playing. I suppose the John Hill mentality of people running around like headless chickens he doesn’t quite fit into that category. Agbor also looked lively when he came on . Maybe he deserves a chance? Can’t do any worse

Spooky
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Spooky » 24 Mar 2018, 21:59

Goddard is a good player, but he he likes the ball on the deck, quick and sharp passing, which is clearly not our management's style. I'm surprised he came back from Leamington knowing the style of football he was expected to fit into to.

Realistically today was top of table vs bottom so it could have been a lot worse.

Trying to be positive here, we are still winning a two horse race 😉

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 24 Mar 2018, 22:47

Another member of the Jordan Goddard fan club. I'd be amazed if there's a single Yeltz fan out there who doesn't think he shouldn't be starting every game. However I still think when he does play it's in the wrong position. Surely with the passing/dribbling/shooting skills he has he'd be better suited to supporting the front two. The main point I want to make is far too many times this season there has been a chasm between midfield and the front one/two. We always seem to play too deep and narrow thus inviting teams to attack us at will. Felt sorry for Hughes and Knight today, they didn't stand a chance. I felt we were set up today to just limit the damage, which with better finishing from alti we would have failed miserably. At 2-0 down at least make some changes to have a go and not wait till the eightieth minute.