Matlock Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Matlock Updates

Post by andy » 24 Feb 2018, 18:14

KenR wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 17:59
and another "get out of jail " card for the management, apparently after yet another crap performance.
Yep, but all I care about for this dire season now is for Sutton to be worse than us. There has to be a change sooner or later because people will not return endlessly to watch this football. When Lynch is finally gone and with new people at the helm I'm sure this will happen. This season cannot be repaired now in my view no matter what happens from here on in, it's been awful, but if we can be less bad than Sutton for the remainder, job done.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Feb 2018, 18:49

KenR wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 17:59
and another "get out of jail " card for the management, apparently after yet another crap performance.
This happens so often, doesn’t it? Hopefully now we have investors and the Brookes’ in charge who now have the power to sack management there won’t be no ‘getting out of jail’ card next time, we’re on a poor run of results - which I’m sure will no doubt happen again.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 24 Feb 2018, 19:02

So today the big news is that we’re not being taken over by a big Russian or Chinese billionaire....but joking aside good luck to Keith McKenna and Karen Brookes for securing the future of Halesowen Town Football Club.

On the pitch, after a good start to concede almost straight away we were left frustrated by another anonymous performance and we were lucky we weren’t already a couple more down before Matlock went ahead mid way through the second half.

We looked to be heading towards an inevitable defeat, but somehow from somewhere in the last 10 minutes we came alive, attacked with purpose and found it within ourselves to equalise with a few minutes left and then do the unthinkable in the last minute of the game and grab the winner!

You could sense from the emotion from the players how much it meant to them and the Shed was rocking. Let’s hope that that gives us more fuel in the fight to stay up.

Really happy with today’s result, performance not so much but let’s not be critical, think we are the stage now where it’s all about getting as many points as we can and doing all we can to stay up!

The future looks bright off it as well!

Up the Yeltz!

Spooky
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Spooky » 24 Feb 2018, 20:43

By no rationale a classic today, but from now to end of season it's all about points. With 5 mins to go I was still thinking we might sneak a draw so to win with virtually the last kick was brilliant, unexpected but none the less brilliant.

Today I'm enjoying the feel.good positivity, and long may it continue ;D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 25 Feb 2018, 08:59

Well, who saw that finish coming?
Suicidal mutterings under the TV tower dispelled by a crazy few minutes!
We certainly put the icing on the cake for our new investor, I hope.
With the late goal from Farsley at Sutton, I don't imagine a Yeltz fan had left The Grove in such a state of euphoria for many a long year!

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 25 Feb 2018, 11:39

Halesowen Town 3 Matlock Town 2

Halesowen staged a dramatic fight-back to earn three precious points after hitting two late goals in a rousing finish. At half-time, businessman Keith McKenna was introduced as Halesowen’s new investor. McKenna is currently the youth team manager at Halesowen and made five appearances for the Yeltz first-team in 1993, scoring on his debut in the 4-1 victory over Crawley Town.

The Yeltz made a perfect start when Spencer WEIR-DALEY was left free in the six yard box to head Jack Kelly’s 3rd minute corner past young debut goalkeeper Jordan Pierrepont. But Halesowen failed to build on their early lead and Matlock equalised in the 9th minute when unmarked captain Shaun HARRAD met Jake Green’s looping cross with a glancing header and the ball nestled home to beat goalkeeper Dan Platt off the inside of the post.

The Gladiators dominated possession in the rest of the first period and had a great opportunity to take the lead after 26 minutes when Edward Cribley took advantage of Asa Charlton’s poor headed clearance to burst clear of the home defence, only for Platt to make a fine blocking save. Platt then collected from Michael Williams and Richard German was just denied from a 34th minute corner. Although Pierrepont grabbed Kelly’s curling 33rd minute free-kick, the Yeltz failed to trouble Matlock again in the first period and it was Platt who gathered from Curtis Morrison after 38 minutes. Early in the second period, Harrad missed another chance in front of goal for wasteful Matlock in a 50th minute goalmouth scramble and Morrison hit a 53rd minute effort at Platt from a wide angle.

Weir-Daley almost regained the lead for Halesowen when he turned and rattled the crossbar with a 55th minute shot.

Matlock missed another sitter in the 57th minute when Williams latched onto a sliced clearance from Platt and played the ball into the penalty area, only for Harrad to blaze high over the bar from just five yards out. But the Gladiators eventually took a 2-1 lead in the 62nd minute when CRIBLEY stepped inside his marker and his shot from the edge of the area deflected off a Yeltz defender beyond Platt. The visitors continued to squander further chances as German missed out in front of goal after 69 minutes.

But evidence of the Yeltz stirring for a dramatic finish was provided by three consecutive home corners in the 72nd minute. Lee Knight then headed just wide in the 80th minute after Jordan Goddard did well. Matlock had leaked three goals in each of their previous four home games with their last clean sheet being against the Yeltz in their 2-0 win in November and their defensive frailties proved to be their downfall again, coupled with their earlier profligacy in front of goal.

In an exhilarating grandstand finish from the home side, late substitute Roland AGBOR brought the scores level at 2-2 in the 88th minute after placing home Weir-Daley’s cross. KNIGHT then earned Halesowen all three points when he headed home in the third minute of injury time following Ivor Lawton’s fine cross from the bye-line.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Enock Ekongo, Jack Kelly (Roland Agbor 82), Jordan Goddard, Kyle Morrison (c), Asa Charlton, Myles Arnold (Bradley Lewis 67) , Ivor Lawton, Lee Knight, Spencer Weir-Daley, Kevin Da Veiga Monteiro. Subs Not Used: Yasin Al-Massry, Tom Parsons.

Matlock Town: Jordan Pierrepont; Jake Green, Jan Yeomans, Kieran Wallace, Brad-Lee Gascoigne, Dwayne Wiley, Edward Cribley, Michael Williams, Shaun Harrad (c), Richard German, Curtis Morrison. Subs Not Used: Jamie Jackson, Harry Limb, Chris Ondong-Mba.

Referee: Neil Pratt Attendance: 363
Booked: Ekongo (70)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Enock (Ian Shelton): Jordan Goddard

Unihammer01
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Unihammer01 » 25 Feb 2018, 12:03

lutleyyeltz wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 08:59
Well, who saw that finish coming?
Suicidal mutterings under the TV tower dispelled by a crazy few minutes!
We certainly put the icing on the cake for our new investor, I hope.
With the late goal from Farsley at Sutton, I don't imagine a Yeltz fan had left The Grove in such a state of euphoria for many a long year!
Well I left with 5 mins to go with us 2-1 down and thinking Sutton were ahead (overheard that on the terraces). Gutted I missed the goals, I never usually leave early. Wanted to see the rugby and, of course, that was a loss. It was only later that night that my mood improved. I'll never leave early again!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 25 Feb 2018, 12:16

After that, let's just hope Stourbr*dge do us a favour next Saturday.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 25 Feb 2018, 16:51

Unihammer01 - I feel for you!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Feb 2018, 18:48

For those not there but with long memories. A certain day in a Salisbury park - minus ticker tape and trees to run round - came back to mind yesterday.