Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Matlock Updates

Post by andy » 25 Nov 2017, 18:09

lutleyyeltz wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 17:01
....and Sutton Coldfield win!
I think I said last week we're only a couple of wins away from a much healthier position but couldn't see where or when we might get them. Looking at the table today it seems that we are starting to open up a gap on others in the games played column as well. If Sutton do hit a run of form we could be stuffed. If Udoh is returning after his loan spell we desperately need to find a replacement quickly. It would appear though, that no matter how many players John brings in through the ever revolving door, there is never an improvement in form or results. We get the odd blip of a good game to throw us all off the scent but it is clear to all that the management team cannot reverse the trend. We need a change because it's not looking good for us.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Nov 2017, 18:10

lutleyyeltz wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 17:53
The Boxing Day game should be exciting!
I suspect it will be dull as ditch water and nobody will really care.
PS. I'm assuming you meant the new year's Day game.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Nov 2017, 18:31

Looking at the upcoming fixtures I think our season could be defined before we even meet Sutton on new year's day. 4 of the 5 games between now and then are at home, 2 of them against teams just above us and a tricky away match at Ashton. The next 2 against Whitby and Nantwich look absolutely vital already and it's still only November! Ah well, at least we've still got a host of cup games to look forward to to take our mind off it...... ::)

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Nov 2017, 19:37

Despite having a number of quality players in our squad (particularly McAtee and Udo) poor results continue.

I can’t be bothered to get wound up any more. It really isn’t worth the time or effort. We are sleep walking to relegation as it stands. Relegation in a league where only one team goes down. And this is a poor league at that...

I am fully aware that the core problem at the club is the ‘owner’ and things will not improve until they leave the club, but we aren’t helping ourselves, are we? There has to be better options out there to manage this team in the current circumstances.

I find it sad and worrying that the club are accepting this rubbish and aren’t willing to try and change things around to at least try and freshen things up and try something different. It’s so stale at the moment and it’s clear things will not improve without a change.

Complete apathy at the moment.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Nov 2017, 19:31

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 19:37

I can’t be bothered to get wound up any more.
Complete apathy at the moment.
Does ANYONE care anymore? Not one single post from someone who was there.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Nov 2017, 20:06

Andy, it’s clearly a resounding no. From fans and club officials.

Everyone seems happy to accept failure and potential relegation.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 26 Nov 2017, 20:47

I was there and it was bad. However those who know me know I blame one person alone who could stop this in one easy transaction. And it ain't the manager (we'd have disappeared a long time ago without him). Work a way to get the club back. No one has so far in the last three years. Stubbornness on one persons part alone. Willing to destroy 144 years of a club because he wants to hand it to his son. Jesus........that's not one of his sons names bytheway. Admin, liquidation or Bromsgrove seem to be the only option

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Nov 2017, 09:35

You're spot on HH. Have to say though despite John's work at bringing in new players there has been no improvement on the field.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Nov 2017, 13:33

andy wrote:
27 Nov 2017, 09:35
You're spot on HH. Have to say though despite John's work at bringing in new players there has been no improvement on the field.
It's difficult not to agree with HH. We all know what the no.1 problem is, and I think we can agree that things won't improve long term until that issue is resolved.

But as you point out, John Hill has brought in enough players over this season. Some good players, some not so good. Yet the same poor results and performances continue. Save for the very rare purple patches we get every blue moon, i.e Stour & Hednesford back to back wins in October. It's not a recent development either, poor results and performances have been a regular theme for quite some time now, in fact I'd argue we've been poor for well over two years now.

I can not believe that this is our best option in the current circumstance. It can't be.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 27 Nov 2017, 15:11

I'll write it slightly more bluntly then.

Sort out the ownership first and foremost.

Worry about everything else after.