Shaw Lane

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Shaw Lane

Post by juanillo » 11 Nov 2017, 19:03

andy wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 18:17
On another day we could have won that. Created several good chances, kept Shaw Lane at bay and limited them to less attempts than we had. Not overly impressed with yet another of the supposed top sides, but credit our lads for not allowing them to look any better. Need to put in more displays like that and less of the turgid displays like the one at Rushall. If we can there is no reason we should be in a season long battle at the bottom. Well done lads.
The sums it up well. They only got on top for the last 10 minutes and we held up well and the defence restricted them effectively. I know it was Platt's 100th game, and he did nothing particularly wrong, but that was surely the only reason for him getting the MOTM.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 11 Nov 2017, 19:50

Agree - "Enoch" on his total game performance!
Although, to be more accurate, they bombed us for the first 15 mins, or so.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 11 Nov 2017, 21:09

Halesowen Town 0 Shaw Lane AFC 0

Halesowen settled for a hard-earned point with a solid performance in a stalemate against a strong Shaw Lane outfit.

The high-flying Ducks started on the front foot, fresh from their recent FA Cup adventures, as Alexander Byrne’s 25-yard free-kick was tipped over the bar by home goalkeeper Dan Platt after just two minutes. The visitors kept Halesowen pinned back in their own area with two more corners in the next couple of minutes after Byrne’s shot was turned away and Platt continued to keep the visitors at bay on his 100th appearance for the Yeltz by collecting Paul Clayton’s close range header before making a fine double save to deny Lee Bennett in the 11th minute.

But Halesowen gradually weathered the storm and created their first chance after 18 minutes when Dan Udoh’s low shot was kept out by goalkeeper Jonathon Stewart. After Byrne had curled another chance wide for Shaw Lane, Udoh then laid the ball off for strike-partner John McAtee but his low shot was saved by Stewart at the foot of his post in the 35th minute.

Udoh kept up his good work early in the second half by setting Alexander Woodhouse free to cross from the left for Bradley Lewis to head just high and McAtee jinked left to screw a 69th minute shot wide after Udoh drew the visiting defence away.

Although much of the second half became stop-start, Halesowen defended doggedly to keep out headers from David Norris as he met Nicky Walker’s 54th minute cross and then from Clayton after 65 minutes. Clayton then headed straight at Platt in the 81st minute in a packed home area.

With five minutes remaining, a low shot from Halesowen’s Enoch Ekongo was gathered by Stewart after the ball was cleared from substitute Ellis Blakemore’s cross but it was home defender Marcus Poscha who kept the score-sheet blank by clearing off the line in the final minute.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Enock Ekongo, Kyle Morrison, Jordan Goddard, Marcus Poscha, Asa Charlton (c), Alexander Woodhouse (Ivor Lawton 71), Danny Bragoli, Daniel Udoh (Ethan Jones 74), John McAtee, Bradley Lewis (Ellis Blakemore 83). Subs Not Used: Mo Diop, Cameron Steele.

Shaw Lane: Jonathon Stewart; Neil Austin, Ben Gordon, David Norris, Kelvin Lugsden, Ryan Qualter (c), Alexander Byrne, Spencer Harris, Paul Clayton (Damien Reeves 83), Lee Bennett (Chib Chilaka 71), Nicky Walker (Rod Orlando-Young 71). Subs Not Used: Billy Whitehouse, Godwin Abadaki.

Referee: Simon Brown Attendance: 308
Booked: Clayton (57), Goddard (58), Woodhouse (65), Harris (68)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Liv and Molly: Dan Platt

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Nov 2017, 21:32

DJ wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 21:09
Halesowen Town 0 Shaw Lane AFC 0

Halesowen settled for a hard-earned point with a solid performance in a stalemate against a strong Shaw Lane outfit.

The high-flying Ducks started on the front foot, fresh from their recent FA Cup adventures, as Alexander Byrne’s 25-yard free-kick was tipped over the bar by home goalkeeper Dan Platt after just two minutes. The visitors kept Halesowen pinned back in their own area with two more corners in the next couple of minutes after Byrne’s shot was turned away and Platt continued to keep the visitors at bay on his 100th appearance for the Yeltz by collecting Paul Clayton’s close range header before making a fine double save to deny Lee Bennett in the 11th minute.

But Halesowen gradually weathered the storm and created their first chance after 18 minutes when Dan Udoh’s low shot was kept out by goalkeeper Jonathon Stewart. After Byrne had curled another chance wide for Shaw Lane, Udoh then laid the ball off for strike-partner John McAtee but his low shot was saved by Stewart at the foot of his post in the 35th minute.

Udoh kept up his good work early in the second half by setting Alexander Woodhouse free to cross from the left for Bradley Lewis to head just high and McAtee jinked left to screw a 69th minute shot wide after Udoh drew the visiting defence away.

Although much of the second half became stop-start, Halesowen defended doggedly to keep out headers from David Norris as he met Nicky Walker’s 54th minute cross and then from Clayton after 65 minutes. Clayton then headed straight at Platt in the 81st minute in a packed home area.

With five minutes remaining, a low shot from Halesowen’s Enoch Ekongo was gathered by Stewart after the ball was cleared from substitute Ellis Blakemore’s cross but it was home defender Marcus Poscha who kept the score-sheet blank by clearing off the line in the final minute.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Enock Ekongo, Kyle Morrison, Jordan Goddard, Marcus Poscha, Asa Charlton (c), Alexander Woodhouse (Ivor Lawton 71), Danny Bragoli, Daniel Udoh (Ethan Jones 74), John McAtee, Bradley Lewis (Ellis Blakemore 83). Subs Not Used: Mo Diop, Cameron Steele.

Shaw Lane: Jonathon Stewart; Neil Austin, Ben Gordon, David Norris, Kelvin Lugsden, Ryan Qualter (c), Alexander Byrne, Spencer Harris, Paul Clayton (Damien Reeves 83), Lee Bennett (Chib Chilaka 71), Nicky Walker (Rod Orlando-Young 71). Subs Not Used: Billy Whitehouse, Godwin Abadaki.

Referee: Simon Brown Attendance: 308
Booked: Clayton (57), Goddard (58), Woodhouse (65), Harris (68)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Liv and Molly: Dan Platt
You've just copied and pasted my action packed minute by minute updates. Scandalous. JB can have the job back.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Nov 2017, 06:26

Stokesy will no longer be doing updates, now he's part of the PDC tour.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 12 Nov 2017, 08:16

Lol- my career as a professional darter lasted approximately 8 minutes until I was knocked out in the first round of a charity tournament! I will be back next week!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Nov 2017, 16:56

Shaw Lane's manager has today left for Boston. I've got to be honest - I wasn't overly impressed with them yesterday. It's just another example of how poor this league actually is.

That being said, I don't wish to take anything away from Yeltz - we bloody battled hard for that point. Not a great game but enjoyed seeing us work so hard. It's another point towards safety.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

JayTwiggy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JayTwiggy » 13 Nov 2017, 13:23

A good point and not a bad performance. Felt a bit like defence vs defence at times.

For me we still try the hoof ball way too much and does anyone know why Jones didn’t start?

I think we set out for a point to be honest which is a shame because it’s almost like we have nothing to lose in these games.

Another point closer to safety but once the loan signings go back, I can’t see us climbing this table.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 13 Nov 2017, 15:28

A good point in what felt like a tricky fixture.

Shaw Lane weren't as impressive as I had feared. Ambition-wise they're clearly trying to emulate Salford, Spennymoor and (soon to come) South Shields in just ploughing their way through Step 4 and 3 back-to-back, but they didn't seem to have the quality and were short of ideas. Maybe their FA Cup exploits last weekend had exerted them.

It became apparent from the style and formation that we were looking for a 0-0 draw and, credit where it's due, after nullifying them for the first 10 mins, this went entirely to plan.

Next Saturday's fixture against Marine is a big one- I would hope we return to two up top with McAtee (who is a touch of class btw) in behind. They had a good win in the Trophy this weekend so will be a tough opponent.