Corby Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
YeltzMel
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Corby Updates

Post by YeltzMel » 30 Dec 2016, 22:04

Great updates JB cheers, a sickener for Louis with ankle, sounds like enough chances, but yet again inability to take chances. Next up Hednesford even tougher one, will be there for that one, how did new bloke Liam Slade do JB??. :) :)

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 30 Dec 2016, 22:08

Oh, and thanks John for the updates. You're a darling.

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 30 Dec 2016, 22:09

What are the teams meant to do? "Oh because you're higher in the league we'll just lie down and let you score"

They're also fighting for points.decision making is all down to confidence, if the players feel confident then they're more likely to make the right decision. Instead of putting negative energy into running people down, why don't we all put that energy into getting behind the team and making some noise, whether we think the football is crap or the manager should be replaced or putting players down as soon as they make a mistake.

Just an idea...

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 30 Dec 2016, 22:16

CRHTheTog wrote:What are the teams meant to do? "Oh because you're higher in the league we'll just lie down and let you score"

They're also fighting for points.decision making is all down to confidence, if the players feel confident then they're more likely to make the right decision. Instead of putting negative energy into running people down, why don't we all put that energy into getting behind the team and making some noise, whether we think the football is crap or the manager should be replaced or putting players down as soon as they make a mistake.

Just an idea...
When we were trying that we just got worse and worse. The balls in their court now, has been for a long time.....
Its up to THEM to win US back!!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 30 Dec 2016, 22:19

There is absolutely nothing to shout about. My energy for the club has all but been drained. And it seems I'm not the only one.

And no, they're not supposed to lie down, not sure who has suggested this? But they're so far a drift at the bottom of the table, I don't think it's un reasonable to expect a positive result against them.

Tonight was a must win. We didn't. I'm left disappointed at the result of a Halesowen Town game. Again. It's a familiar story. I'm getting tired of it now.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 30 Dec 2016, 22:25

RaidenYeltz wrote:
wednesburystokie wrote:Sadly a game greatly affected by the injury, by no means an excuse, we just weren't decisive in front of goal, could have had 4, but not clinical.
There isn't no excuse for not registering a single goal against two of the poorest sides in the league.

The not clinical comment is worrying. If we're not clinical with Anderson in the side, what's it going to be like without him?

We're currently just 7 points outside the drop zone. I don't think that's a big enough cushion to see us through until the end of the season.

After the next two fixtures I expect that to be reduced further.

Then again, it's typical of football to throw up a win for Halesowen against Hednesford and then against Buxton, isn't it? I just can not see it.
Kaiman, in my humble, was the poorest player on the pitch tonight, that's what worries me

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 30 Dec 2016, 22:29

wednesburystokie wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:
wednesburystokie wrote:Sadly a game greatly affected by the injury, by no means an excuse, we just weren't decisive in front of goal, could have had 4, but not clinical.
There isn't no excuse for not registering a single goal against two of the poorest sides in the league.

The not clinical comment is worrying. If we're not clinical with Anderson in the side, what's it going to be like without him?

We're currently just 7 points outside the drop zone. I don't think that's a big enough cushion to see us through until the end of the season.

After the next two fixtures I expect that to be reduced further.

Then again, it's typical of football to throw up a win for Halesowen against Hednesford and then against Buxton, isn't it? I just can not see it.
Kaiman, in my humble, was the poorest player on the p*t*h tonight, that's what worries me
Was he isolated on his own, with no one within 20 yards, though?

Saying that, has his head gone? If Shrewsbury have given him assurances he will start for them that may have turned his head somewhat, may be he's not giving 100% now and maybe trying to avoid injury.

Don't mean that disrespectfully to a player who has been a brilliant servent to us.

Spooky
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Spooky » 30 Dec 2016, 23:21

New member to forum but a fan for years, anyway, tonights result worries me. How can this group of talented players not get a winning result against bottom of league Corby? Yes they are fighting for survival, but we are not exactly safe at the moment are we? And correct me if I'm wrong here but our recent form against league teams around us has been very dissapointing to say the least. I look at the table to try and say such and such are worse than us, tonight included. But after final whistle, I'm not so sure they are.

And that scares me.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 30 Dec 2016, 23:26

Just got back:

The effort was there tonight. You cannot fault the starting 11 for their workrate and commitment but we just didn't get the breaks tonight.

I thought the new lad in the middle did well but as Hancock is injured / going back, and the new left back is injured we are again very short at the back.

In midfield I think we always look better when Birley plays but he only seems to play once a week. I suppose that's down to fitness? Melvin is apparently on holiday so again options are limited.

Unfortunately, Bowerman did nothing when he came on. Whether he is short of confidence I don't know- but the doesn't look like scoring.

Anyway, we are in a relegation scrap now. Whatever people's thoughts on the manager or owner the club is about the players and supporters, and I'd much rather be in this league than the one below next season, so I suggest that's for ninety minutes a week every supporter gets behind the team as the next few weeks / months will be massively important!!

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 31 Dec 2016, 00:17

Anyway, we are in a relegation scrap now. Whatever people's thoughts on the manager or owner the club is about the players and supporters, and I'd much rather be in this league than the one below next season, so I suggest that's for ninety minutes a week every supporter gets behind the team as the next few weeks / months will be massively important!!
John, as you say , we are in a relegation battle, but , and I will try to choose my words carefully, if the players perform , then we are right behind them and we will get out of the mire, but to support the team, they have to be good enough to earn our support otherwise to give false support, is just papering over the cracks as it has been for so many months under John Hill. So if we get out of the mire, JH will be a hero and the Lynchpins' judgement will be vindicated, wrongly, for sticking with the manager. Of course I do not want to see us relegated , but I also don't want to see JH in charge next season., as I cannot put up with the crap tactics and displays that his teams produce.