Corby Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Corby Updates

Post by Yeltz27 » 31 Dec 2016, 02:18

CRHTheTog wrote:
They're also fighting for points.decision making is all down to confidence, if the players feel confident then they're more likely to make the right decision
They are more likely to have confidence and make the right decision if they have a proper manager. They will have been coached better, have proper tactics, be much fitter etc

In this run of games without a win, it's hardly as though we've had tough games against the high flying teams. It's been at home to Frickley, Sutton, away at rock bottom Corby. None of which we've won. Forget being sacked, there comes a point where John Hill should be offering his resignation

I hope the injury isn't serious, horrendous if it's a broken ankle. Hope he makes a very quick recovery

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 31 Dec 2016, 07:25

Johnny Bud wrote:Just got back:

The effort was there tonight. You cannot fault the starting 11 for their workrate and commitment but we just didn't get the breaks tonight.

I thought the new lad in the middle did well but as Hancock is injured / going back, and the new left back is injured we are again very short at the back.

In midfield I think we always look better when Birley plays but he only seems to play once a week. I suppose that's down to fitness? Melvin is apparently on holiday so again options are limited.

Unfortunately, Bowerman did nothing when he came on. Whether he is short of confidence I don't know- but the doesn't look like scoring.

Anyway, we are in a relegation scrap now. Whatever people's thoughts on the manager or owner the club is about the players and supporters, and I'd much rather be in this league than the one below next season, so I suggest that's for ninety minutes a week every supporter gets behind the team as the next few weeks / months will be massively important!!
What's happened to Griff who normally picks up the pieces when players start to get injured/move on? Always left out at the start of the season and then works his way back in.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 31 Dec 2016, 08:12

Griff still turning out for the Lye
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/lyetownfc ... /1-2223407
although now on the bench. Is he loaned or transferred?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 31 Dec 2016, 09:33

yeltz85 wrote:
Johnny Bud wrote:Just got back:

The effort was there tonight. You cannot fault the starting 11 for their workrate and commitment but we just didn't get the breaks tonight.

I thought the new lad in the middle did well but as Hancock is injured / going back, and the new left back is injured we are again very short at the back.

In midfield I think we always look better when Birley plays but he only seems to play once a week. I suppose that's down to fitness? Melvin is apparently on holiday so again options are limited.

Unfortunately, Bowerman did nothing when he came on. Whether he is short of confidence I don't know- but the doesn't look like scoring.

Anyway, we are in a relegation scrap now. Whatever people's thoughts on the manager or owner the club is about the players and supporters, and I'd much rather be in this league than the one below next season, so I suggest that's for ninety minutes a week every supporter gets behind the team as the next few weeks / months will be massively important!!
What's happened to Griff who normally picks up the pieces when players start to get injured/move on? Always left out at the start of the season and then works his way back in.
Dare I ask, are they paying more than us?

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 31 Dec 2016, 09:37

Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:Griff still turning out for the Lye
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/lyetownfc ... /1-2223407
although now on the bench. Is he loaned or transferred?
Neither, I would imagine.

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 31 Dec 2016, 10:31

I really fancied our chances against a very poor Corby side and a game we had to be winning. I have also heard kaiman was very very poor not that you can criticise the lad as he has been a good player for us over his loan but he doesn't want to be hear now that for me has been evident, and in actual fact I would send him back as soon as we can find a suitable replacement. I have just seen the new lads injury that also doesn't look good was it the result of a poor challenge does anyone know.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 31 Dec 2016, 13:22

A poor result against a team whose last 16 games have yielded just 4 points and 14 defeats.

We ought to stay up given the position of Corby and Ilkeston but we shouldn't be looking to see how Frickley and Sutton are faring each week.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 31 Dec 2016, 15:00

Ive avoided the whole thing for a while now, cos I find the bickering completely distasteful and tiresome. Some decent points on both sides. So i'll cut it to the basics. Strip away budgets and in crowds etc. I/we pay to be entertained and its a results driven business. We are getting neither. Im starting to feel that maybe a change is needed. Nothing against JH at all but it feels like he has hit his peak. I hope he proves everyone wrong but a slump is difficult to get out of.

Anyhoo as food for thought. In the great days of Paddy Page....or Paddy Gate as one clubs programme named him, we pretty much swept all away at our level. On the odd occasion we did lose, you'd hear grumblings and shouts of "bloody rubbish". For one game.

Football huh.