Sutton Coldfield Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Coldfield Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 27 Dec 2016, 19:52

Washy002 wrote:To clarify my post, I feel you all need to get together and look at the bigger picture. It's not just about having a moan after a bad match, bad matches will always happen in football, swings and rounderbouts.

So the questions fans need to ask themselves are:
1: do you like where the club is?
2: do you trust steve will do whats best for club?
3: if no to either of these why not arrange a fans meeting and discuss what fans should do? Unite together to fight for the club you ALL love.
Do I like where the club is now or where it's heading?

Simple answer is 'no'. It's very clear this club isn't going forward. If anything it's regressing. Both on and off the pitch. I see attendances falling and there is a definite split between the fans (hopefully we can come together as per the above post).

I honestly believe there is a negative feel about the club. I want to see the club be positive and believe in itself. This is a big club at this level. This is a fantastic club that anyone should be proud to support, manage, own or play for.

By positive I mean; I want to see our manager come out and praise his players and fill them with belief and confidence. It's clear for large periods of his reign players have appeared to lack confidence and belief in themselves.

I want our manager to tell us how good we are, that we can expect to beat teams at our level. Or at least talk positively about the next fixture and the future. I want to see positive football. I want fans to congregate together and chant and support the team vocally during the games.

Right now it's the complete opposite, isn't it?

Do I trust Steve to do what's best for the club?

If I take into account how the club has regressed then that would suggest he hasn't done or can't do what's best for Halesowen. So the answer again is 'no'.

I would hope Steve would do everything he can to move the club forward.

I saw the share issue as a plea for help. Shares are no longer on sale, it's clear that the reason it's no longer on sale is not a simple change of heart. The whole thing didn't seem right at the get go.

Either way, if it was a cry for funds, how bad is the current situation? How bad could it get? I fear the worst.

I do think fans should now come together. That much is clear.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 27 Dec 2016, 20:26

Yeltz27 wrote:What people like Piearce with his post fail to get is that in the MM days the football was still watchable and it was still fun to go, even if it meant getting the step ladders out outside the ground.
Hey, I was there, Mr27! I was getting a leg up over the wall against Hemel Hempstead and, no, it wasn't fun in the slightest. I genuinely think you guys are doing yourself out of credibility here with the MM comparisons. Having a moan is absolutely fine, but some of these comments on this thread are plumbing the depths. Reality check please.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 27 Dec 2016, 22:11

piearce9 wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:What people like Piearce with his post fail to get is that in the MM days the football was still watchable and it was still fun to go, even if it meant getting the step ladders out outside the ground.
Hey, I was there, Mr27! I was getting a leg up over the wall against Hemel Hempstead and, no, it wasn't fun in the slightest. I genuinely think you guys are doing yourself out of credibility here with the MM comparisons. Having a moan is absolutely fine, but some of these comments on this thread are plumbing the depths. Reality check please.
Ok. But the quality of football was far, far better and we had proper players who were at least mobile. I know it wasn't great obviously, but I don't think it was as bad as this on the pitch

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Dec 2016, 23:13

The big difference between the MM days and now was definitely the performances on the pitch. The off the field antics rightly did for him in the end, and I suspect will do for the current owner. I also believe there will be no big 'coming together' of supporters until there has been a massive change at the club, the badge is reinstated, and we all have a fresh start to get behind. I don't want a big coming together with people who currently have polar opposite views as to the way the club is heading.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 28 Dec 2016, 12:21

On the flight to China, as we had wifi I thought I'd have a look back at what it was like on here before I started posting, and what it was like before JH arrived. There are quite a lot of revealing threads, but this is an example

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=348

Reading that, most of us should understand how frustrating it is when you are desperate for change but it never happens. A lot of the current roles are reversed

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Dec 2016, 12:46

Yeltz27 wrote:On the flight to China, as we had wifi I thought I'd have a look back at what it was like on here before I started posting, and what it was like before JH arrived. There are quite a lot of revealing threads, but this is an example

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=348

Reading that, most of us should understand how frustrating it is when you are desperate for change but it never happens. A lot of the current roles are reversed
Interesting find.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Dec 2016, 14:40

My, how times change.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 28 Dec 2016, 14:49

Interesting how some of the work that has been at The Grove that was mentioned early on in the thread has only been completed in the last couple of years despite some thinking it was required/necessary or too soon. Please note this isn't a dig at previous volunteers who I know worked incredibly hard to do what they did.

Thanks for bringing that thread up.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 28 Dec 2016, 14:58

andy wrote:My, how times change.

Indeed ;)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2408&p=20744#p20744

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Dec 2016, 16:12

Dave- How long were you trawling through the site to find a positive comment from Josh? ;D ;D