Sutton Coldfield Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Coldfield Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 31 Dec 2016, 19:07

Poll wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote: I'm a little surprised at the lack of response to this post.
I would guess lots of people have given up posting on here because of how divisive it's become, and they don't want to get involved in petty online discussions that solve absolutely nothing.

See The Reasonable Man's excellent post (and Zee Zee's too).

IMHO the quality of discussion on here has gone down rapidly recently.

Be nice if in 2017 for everyone to remember all of us want what's best for the both the club and the team (I assume), and everything isn't always "us against them".

Not holding my breath though ::)
Poll, your post is bang on.

I think the fans do need to get together. Not just support on the pitch behind the goals or what ever but as a safe guard for anything that could happen.

Hopefully it won't come to this, but as it stands, if the club was in trouble the continuity is not there to save it.

I'd like to try and instigate it so fans can come together and put on field opinions aside and at least safe guard against the worst case scenario.

I know social media is a tiny platform but I do feel like something should be done to close this apparent divide.

Anyone else?

Any ideas how this can be achieved?

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 31 Dec 2016, 19:28

Raiden,
During the dark days of the MM era the fans did get together and the Yeltz Trust came into being.
All was well for a time until those who gave their time to run the said Trust were deemed, by some, to be following a personal agenda in the aims of the organisation.
This led to the eventual breakup of a well meaning group by suspicion and infighting.
I'm afraid that the path that you suggest has been travelled before and another attempt to bring fans together would undoubtedly end in similar fashion.

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 31 Dec 2016, 19:42

has been travelled before and another attempt to bring fans together would undoubtedly end in similar fashion.

Oh ye of little faith

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 31 Dec 2016, 22:05

With the divided opinions that are shown on this forum, do you seriously believe that it would be any different from the Trust situation?
A few of those previously involved might concur with my viewpoint.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 31 Dec 2016, 23:14

It cant work because we apparently want such different conclusions to sort out this mess. I, and others hope for a completely fresh start, others still feel what we have is in some way ok. At the moment there is no compromise in my opinion.
PS Happy New Year....... :-\

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 01 Jan 2017, 00:37

lutleyyeltz wrote:Raiden,
During the dark days of the MM era the fans did get together and the Yeltz Trust came into being.
All was well for a time until those who gave their time to run the said Trust were deemed, by some, to be following a personal agenda in the aims of the organisation.
This led to the eventual breakup of a well meaning group by suspicion and infighting.
I'm afraid that the path that you suggest has been travelled before and another attempt to bring fans together would undoubtedly end in similar fashion.
I beg to differ , there was no ' infighting' amongst the Trust Board, people walked away believing it was ' job done' as soon as The Brothers Grim were booted out the door, in fact some jumped the gun even earlier when M**s*n went ( including a couple of Board members) despite the fact that if you got the Ingrams you still had M**s*n.
We stated from the outset a Trust is for life not just the first crisis, people made decisions and you reap what you sow.
IMHO the Yeltz fan base will never be as United as it was at the start of that first battle so let's just hope the club is currently having a blip rather than having turned a corner and bumped into the next full blown crisis.

Happy new year all x

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 01 Jan 2017, 09:37

Maybe the passage of time and my advancing senility has affected my memory.
My apologies for any offence to all concerned with running The Trust.
Happy New Year!