Coalville Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville Updates

Post by Yeltz27 » 17 Dec 2016, 21:25

I'm not sure what to say after that. I've seen worse, but still, there was very little to get excited about.

If John Hill doesn't go we are going down. There's absolutely nothing to suggest otherwise. What does he bring other than a lot of foul language to the referee and 'tuck in'? And Matt Clarke the same, both need to go. Like Juanillo says, people said Coalville were dreadful earlier in the season and Halesowen have just been beaten 3-1. I'm not entirely sure however that the owner and the manager are the only problem anymore.

The pitch btw is an excuse. The pitch today was worse than at the Grove and the tactics didn't change. Coalville managed to play on it so why can't we?

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 18 Dec 2016, 08:34

Earlier in this poor run people commented on how much we were missing Haynes due to injury. This week he leaves for a league rival. Now of course players leave for many reasons, perhaps he lives fairly adjacent to their ground and wants to avoid the M5 traffic, I was disappointed with the limited comments on his departure - perhaps it highlights one of the issues we have.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 18 Dec 2016, 09:06

Haynes is a big loss. I think he's been one of our best players this season. We definitely don't want any injuries or suspensions at the back as without Haynes (and Silva) I'm not sure who'd come in if Brags, Asa or Morrison was out!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 18 Dec 2016, 10:45

Defensively we haven't looked good since Sho-Silva left, we're cut open or left stretched at the back all too often. Too many individual errors have cost us dearly. A big improvement is needed in all departments, but the defence is a priority. A big unit for Kaiman to play off would be useful as well as the ball comes back too quickly from up top. Most of our better phases of play yesterday came when Kaiman drifed wide to link with Chilton or Dunkley which then left us with nothing in the middle. We can't keep blaming luck as but yesterday's second goal was a ridiculous decision, how the referee could see that was over the line i'll never know and the benefit of the doubt should have been ours, the linesman was running back to keep up with play and didn't flag for it either.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 18 Dec 2016, 11:14

RobYeltz wrote: We can't keep blaming luck as but yesterday's second goal was a ridiculous decision, how the referee could see that was over the line i'll never know and the benefit of the doubt should have been ours, the linesman was running back to keep up with play and didn't flag for it either.
Now how can you possibly know it was a ridiculous decision when you were standing behind the goal at the far end? I think the referee was probably in a much better position than you to see what was going on

And if the manager actually knew what he was doing, maybe we wouldn't need a big man up top to make the ball stick because they would be playing to the strengths of the players they have. But as it is (because John Hill only knows one style of 'football' if you can call it that), yes a big man is essential

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 18 Dec 2016, 12:26

Yeltz27 wrote:
RobYeltz wrote: We can't keep blaming luck as but yesterday's second goal was a ridiculous decision, how the referee could see that was over the line i'll never know and the benefit of the doubt should have been ours, the linesman was running back to keep up with play and didn't flag for it either.
Now how can you possibly know it was a ridiculous decision when you were standing behind the goal at the far end? I think the referee was probably in a much better position than you to see what was going on
From where I was sitting there was only one person who could have given the goal and that was the linesman, as the referee's view was obscured by three players without goalline technology the remit of the referee is the same as penalties 100% sure, but I personally don't think he could be.

I'm not one for crying over spilt milk, it was given and we lost.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Dec 2016, 13:22

IMO looking at the video the ref could never have known if that had crossed the line, it would have been difficult enough from a linesmans perspective.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 18 Dec 2016, 13:36

I don't think you can really tell anything from that video as it's so far away it's too small. All you can get from is it is the fact that their forward predictably does the Yeltz players for pace. The fitness yesterday again was noticeable.

Rob says there are many deficiencies in the team as we all know there are. But as we are clearly going backwards rapidly under John Hill now, how can anybody say he is the right man for the job anymore? Surely he has been here long enough now that those deficiencies are his responsibility, so you can't say that and then say 'in JH we trust' because that would be a contradiction. And don't say about budgets because you can't tell me Coalville have a bigger budget, and something like fitness doesn't cost money. It's to do with attitude. And this repetition about individual mistakes. Yes there have been, but it can't excuse the manager like it is being used to. He always says on twitter, 'individual mistakes', but it's never his fault despite him serving up the rubbish we see. If the team is set up correctly, were fitter and playing a proper style of football, there would be less individual errors. One thing leads to another

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 18 Dec 2016, 14:30

Yeltz27 wrote: It's to do with attitude.
Pot, Kettle ? ;D

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 18 Dec 2016, 14:39

No gingeryeltz, Kettle's just gone to Hednesford or somewhere like that. Another one our manager, in his infinite wisdom, let go.