Grantham Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Grantham Updates

Post by andy » 10 Dec 2016, 19:06

Not bad first half, but tailed off with the weather in the second. Probably lucky to get a point from a fairly dour game. It just seems so seldom to me now that we have a game where we have a lot of chances or much excitement. I accept that for many years that we were playing at the second tier of non league football but even when we dropped to the third and even fourth tier the standard seemed higher all round than it does these days. Rarely see a team that I would like to watch week in, week out.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Dec 2016, 19:18

A pretty drab performance to be honest.
We need to be more streetwise in games - we're too nice.
Grantham spent the first 15 minutes entertaining us and conning the referee by showing how easy it is for big lads to fall over!
A dreadful afternoon, weatherwise, not lifted by the lack of ideas shown on the p"t*h.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 10 Dec 2016, 19:41

I've pulled a few comments from this thread.
Calling people out by name only causes pages of "he-said-she-said" and doesn't add anything.
As ever, I wouldn't want anyone labouring under the misapprehension that this was a democracy.
;)
Doc.

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 10 Dec 2016, 20:10

Not one that will live long in the memory. The weather didn't help. Felt we looked like a side coming off a heavy defeat, nervous in possesion and all in all flat. They weren't that impressive either, found their antics amusing in the first half, one by one they went down like they'd been shot, thankfully the ref saw through it.

Crowd was very flat too and only getting 316 through the gate is symptomatic of the fare on show. We have players low on confidence and have dropped 2 more points, we're 8 points above the bottom 4 and the next 6 weeks look tough. Games like today need to be won otherwise we'll get sucked into a relegation fight.