Marine updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Marine updates

Post by KenR » 03 Dec 2016, 18:11

i ain't on tsweet tweet Owen, tell me about it.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 03 Dec 2016, 18:14

welshyeltz wrote:To threaten a fan on twitter is unacceptable. Managers have been sacked for less
You are totally right, as an employee of the club it is a disgrace and he should resign or be sacked immediately. You cannot do what he has done on Twitter under any circumstances. The football is awful but that's far worse

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 03 Dec 2016, 18:16

John can threaten me all he likes.

I mean no harm I'm just critical.

Anyone that knows me will know I'll stand nose to nose.

Only a cock get aggressive.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 03 Dec 2016, 18:20

raiden ......I stand nose to nose..........only a cock gets aggressive,
Have we got the new Cantona in Raiden, in our midst ?

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 03 Dec 2016, 19:20

Those who know me are aware that I have kept my thoughts to myself in the main but today marks the end of it.

I haven't been up to Marine today but the 4-0 result and the prevailing view of complete capitulation is enough for me. My synopsis of the last 18 months is simple, the football has been dire in the main and painful to watch at times. I no longer buy the budget argument, players have come in albeit on loan from better clubs and those at the manager's disposal are capable if given the right plan to follow. 4-5-1 and 3-5-2 don't suit the squad and as much as the manager can deride individual errors recently, he is accountable for what goes on. We need change and we need it now, lose the loanees and I believe we will definitely get relegated but ultimately a managerial change needs to be made, new ideas and a new approach are needed.

Aside from this, some of the comments on social media are appalling. A manager has no right to threaten a fan whether he likes him or not (post in question has since been removed). Fans turning on each other is also out of order, especially when it gets personal. For a long time I have believed that there is a split between Old and New Yeltz (I have friends on both sides), today this has become a chasm. The attitude of some of those in the latter disappoints me as dissent is quelled constantly (didn't realise Halesowen was in North Korea) and there is an arrogance about the Old Yeltz being irrelevant. They are highly relevant and have the right to voice their concerns. If you don't like criticism, don't pipe up.

Extremely unimpressed at the moment both on and off the pitch >:(

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 03 Dec 2016, 19:25

Just got back so my (sober as was the driver) view:

I feel that we have the players, to have a team capable of challenging but I don't know if we have a squad capable of challenging.

We started today with a centre midfielder playing right back and a centre midfielder playing centre half. Brags gave 100% but we still struggled defensively.

Can you blame John for the fact that Haynes and Parsons-Smith are injured? No. And this isn't an ideal time to lose Silva.

Also, is Morrison injured as he remained on the bench all game

Heaven help us of Asa gets injured as we would really be struggling then.

Moving on from that- as we struggled defensively it seemed to have a knock on effect on the rest of the team. The two wide players provided little and the front two didn't create much. I know this is a thorny issue but I prefer 4-5-1 away from home for the first hour as it gives us an extra body in midfield. With 4-4-2 Chilton and Goddard have a lot more defensive responsibilities.

I don't know how long Kyle is out for but I do feel we need reinforcements at the back - and we need Delaney fit as his impact as a sub is being missed.

Overall, a very bad day at the office, so we now need to bounce back and quickly.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Dec 2016, 20:31

CRH Yeltz wrote:Those who know me are aware that I have kept my thoughts to myself in the main but today marks the end of it.

I haven't been up to Marine today but the 4-0 result and the prevailing view of complete capitulation is enough for me. My synopsis of the last 18 months is simple, the football has been dire in the main and painful to watch at times. I no longer buy the budget argument, players have come in albeit on loan from better clubs and those at the manager's disposal are capable if given the right plan to follow. 4-5-1 and 3-5-2 don't suit the squad and as much as the manager can deride individual errors recently, he is accountable for what goes on. We need change and we need it now, lose the loanees and I believe we will definitely get relegated but ultimately a managerial change needs to be made, new ideas and a new approach are needed.

Aside from this, some of the comments on social media are appalling. A manager has no right to threaten a fan whether he likes him or not (post in question has since been removed). Fans turning on each other is also out of order, especially when it gets personal. For a long time I have believed that there is a split between Old and New Yeltz (I have friends on both sides), today this has become a chasm. The attitude of some of those in the latter disappoints me as dissent is quelled constantly (didn't realise Halesowen was in North Korea) and there is an arrogance about the Old Yeltz being irrelevant. They are highly relevant and have the right to voice their concerns. If you don't like criticism, don't pipe up.

Extremely unimpressed at the moment both on and off the p*t*h >:(
That for me encapsulates everything.
Other low points have had circumstances we had to fight to change, how we as fans can change this one I don't know. On the pitch, off the pitch, the pitch, its so, so depressing.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Dec 2016, 20:57

I'm intrigued as to the content of the apparently removed twitter post from John Hill. Raiden speaks from the heart, some may not like the content, but I never remember him threatening anyone. Its not his way. IF a person in authority has reacted in a threatening manner, it must be looked into by the club. I shall not be holding my breath though....

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 03 Dec 2016, 21:21

My two cents....

Yes today was a poor performance from start to finish, however to lay the whole blame for that on one person, in this case the manager is out of order. Yes the manager selects the 11 players from those available, not always his best players due to injuries etc. He sets them in a formation he feels will either win or not lose the match. Once the players cross the white line though, apart from substitutions/changing formation to an extent and actually running on the pitch himself there isn't a lot he can do about what the players do. Today I heard an instance where in the first few minutes a player cleared the ball down the line out for a throw in and a "fan" immediately said that's John Hill's fault. His reason why was that he had picked the player, I didn't realise John had a piece of string controlling the players leg movements. At some point, with any team the players have to take some responsibility, I don't think for one minute that the management team send the team out with the intention of getting beat 4-0.

Raiden is entitled to his opinion, however when this becomes a personal attack, in the past saying that John has no bottle or that he wouldn't know attractive football if he was watching brazil, this crosses a line and he should expect a reply. The reply he got was in my opinion not right but in the heat of the moment people speak or write first and think later.

He has offered to speak to the manager but when he arrives at 2.55 and leaves at 4.50 this doesn't give much of a window to have a chat.

CRH

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Dec 2016, 21:33

Having just being filled in about the aforementioned twitter confrontation, certain people involved in the running of this club should be taking long hard looks at themselves. Some say we shouldn't keep harping on about the past, I'd take any of it In a heartbeat.