Frickley Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Frickley Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Nov 2016, 17:17

wednesburystokie wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:Even 1-1 would have represented a poor result.

Anyone who defends the management and players after that selction and performance is a moron.

The selection was odd if not completely baffling. Firstly, why change a successful formula and secondly why play square pegs in round holes? Bragoli and Chilton wing backs? Diggie as a centre back? What the hell? What happened to Delaney, who has been on fire?

I like 352 but in order to be successful you need two good full backs, who can defend and attack equally. We haven't got that luxury, with respect to Bragoli and Chilton. Where was Griffiths?

Did John treat this as a gimmie and play a second strength side?

I know I don't go to every game nor am I a manager, but from what I've witnessed this season 442 with Anderson and Delaney up top is our best selection.

Awful. Absolutely awful.
Did you change your opinion from your Twitter post just after the game?
Double sarcasm. I like it.

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 26 Nov 2016, 17:43

How very dissapointing. Looking again another pointless season. I feel I could go on all today. The new man Bowerman looks like the only thing he is capable of is getting himself caught off for the 40 th time of the game really struggle to see what he offers maybe I am being too harsh on one his first performances. Then I go onto formation we have our best player Goddard along side (Anderson which is a tadge worrying knowing he goes back in Jan), but Goddard playing at right wing back I actually thought he played very well but feel very sorry for the kid - correct me if I am wrong but isn't he a centre midfielder. 3-5-2 can work Chelsea are evident of that this is not me saying we are Chelsea :D but play your best players in their position surely. The two goals we concede are an embrassment and from where I was standing the second Platt shouldn't be getting beaten from there not a keeper of his standard. I go away from Today's game very puzzled and disillusioned. Why wasn't Delaney brought on, he had to be a better option then the new guy not one to write anyone off already but surely. Frickley will be down the bottom end become the end of the season.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Nov 2016, 17:48

I know some of you put there don't like what Raiden says, but in my opinion its all there in a nutshell. We've played Frickley for Christs sake and aside from a well taken goal, not troubled their keeper once. Nothing wrong with 352 if you have the personnel to play that system. We didn't. I'm just glad Asa keeps turning out and Kaimans loan period hasn't expired, I don't know where we'd be otherwise. That really was as bad as the badge and the pitch. There, 3 moans in 1.....

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Nov 2016, 17:51

Shame to say it, but that was absolute garbage today. First viewing of Bowerman but he needs some pockets in his shorts so he can keep his hands in them. He was constantly offside, made no threat on goal, and why we persevered with him instead of throwing on Delaney, I'm really not sure.

The team selection was very interesting and I had expected Digie and Bragoli as full backs, but it was 3-5-2 with Brags in the middle and Goddard out wide (why weren't these swapped over?!). We had all the right players on the pitch but the system was a mess. Also- how sluggish were the players after almost two weeks off?

We made a crap team look good today and the last minute goal made it a fair reflection. No real positives to help balance things out, I'm afraid. The players will know themselves that was a shocker, but they were set up poorly, which simply did not help.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Nov 2016, 17:56

andy wrote:I know some of you put there don't like what Raiden says, but in my opinion its all there in a nutshell. We've played Frickley for Christs sake and aside from a well taken goal, not troubled their keeper once. Nothing wrong with 352 if you have the personnel to play that system. We didn't. I'm just glad Asa keeps turning out and Kaimans loan period hasn't expired, I don't know where we'd be otherwise. That really was as bad as the badge and the p*t*h. There, 3 moans in 1.....
Oh, and I almost forgot, In John Hill We Trust.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Nov 2016, 18:00

andy wrote:
andy wrote:I know some of you put there don't like what Raiden says, but in my opinion its all there in a nutshell. We've played Frickley for Christs sake and aside from a well taken goal, not troubled their keeper once. Nothing wrong with 352 if you have the personnel to play that system. We didn't. I'm just glad Asa keeps turning out and Kaimans loan period hasn't expired, I don't know where we'd be otherwise. That really was as bad as the badge and the p*t*h. There, 3 moans in 1.....
Oh, and I almost forgot, In John Hill We Trust.
Don't blame him. He's a tactical genius.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Nov 2016, 18:02

I can only presume Delaney was injured. Otherwise there was no excuse not to play him. He's a bloody good player.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 26 Nov 2016, 20:06

After yet another crap display against a very poor side, can someone from the " in John Hill we trust " brigade please explain to me why, if he is such a good manager, as you say, are we continually subjected to rubbish performances , where his team selections are mystifying , to say the least, tactics are non existent, players who are inept, continue to play in games without being subbed, why Platt is continually caught off his line and beaten from distance and the manager seems incapable of changing things around during matches. ? Oh and for Gods sake don't start harping on about budget.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 27 Nov 2016, 09:08

The lack of response to such an performance reflects the mood of the regulars at The Grove.
Awful!

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 27 Nov 2016, 10:30

I have to agree, I think a fair few fans will be unhappy with what they seen yesterday. Main issue is players playing in wrong positions. But the forum is surprisingly very quiet. It's nice to see others opinion after such a dissapointing result.