Frickley Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Frickley Updates

Post by KenR » 27 Nov 2016, 12:45

Yeltzbug, I don't think that its only yesterday that rankles. The performances, with the odd exception , have been dour and unimaginitive , certainly for the last eighteen months, but now I can only comment on home matches because although I used to go home and away, I no longer think that the performances warrant me doing so, So I can say that the only match and performance that I have enjoyed this season was the Workington game. There have been glimpses of good football , but these are never sustained and even victories have been a scrape, with the usual tension filled last few minutes.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 27 Nov 2016, 21:32

Not a great game at all. The weather was as cold as our performance and struggled to get a grip on the game.

Lets hope for a positive reaction on Wednesday.

On another note our lowest home crowd on a Saturday for a long time, the last time it was lower was Frickley at home last season. Says something about the tie between the two clubs. ;D

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Nov 2016, 08:00

yeltz85 wrote:Not a great game at all. The weather was as cold as our performance and struggled to get a grip on the game.

Lets hope for a positive reaction on Wednesday.

On another note our lowest home crowd on a Saturday for a long time, the last time it was lower was Frickley at home last season. Says something about the tie between the two clubs. ;D
644 attended Stour.

If that doesn't tell you that there is something wrong with the club on and off the field, then what does?

How many floating neutrals that used to watch both us and Stour have decided to go and watch Stour now we play at home on the same weekend.

And to be honest, do you blame them?

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 28 Nov 2016, 13:56

Of course Raiden and KenR, you are both totally right. But I wouldn't expect your views to be taken seriously as you will just be brushed off as 'the moaners coming out of the woodwork' I suspect. There comes a point where if it carries on it begins to cause harm to the club, as Raiden has pointed out with his post above

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Nov 2016, 17:22

Yeltz27 wrote: 'the moaners coming out of the woodwork'
Coming out the woodwork (although not sure that's the right phrase, as I give praise when we play well as do the likes of yourself and Andy) because despite assembling a very good squad and showing glimpses of good football we have struggled at times against teams we should be beating.

We have played poorly and negatively despite having the options to play positive football.

I, like others, are getting increasingly frustrated at the level of results and performances we have attained. We're 16th, just currently 7 points off the relegation places. Whilst right now, I personally don't think relegation will happen (That's madness to suggest) is that really good enough with the resources and playing staff available?

I've heard John himself suggest we're good enough for a push towards the play offs, and that seems to be the prevailing opinion from many a fan. Well if that's the case then the current league position leaves a lot to be desired.

Let's have a positive attitude about the club and where we should be, for a change. You never know that positivity and belief that we're good enough may make the difference. It sure as hell can't do anyone any good to keep playing the 'poor old Halesowen, we're massive under dogs' card. Frankly I'm sick of hearing it.

If that frustration means I'm a doom monger, then so be it. Despite having quality players available either permanent or loanees, I just don't see things improving in the long term. Are we moving forward?

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 28 Nov 2016, 17:56

Raiden, I agree. Halesowen Town should be pushing for the play offs at this level but I don't think that the management are good enough to make it happen. You only have to use the Villa as an example, it was clear RDM was useless, and look what Steve Bruce has done with the same set of players. Yet we are always told, nobody could better.

You only had to watch the interview JH did. Good as it was of him to do, and YTV, there were things he said that I disagree with. We had the usual line about Barcelona and Real Madrid that his backers have regularly used when people have criticised the style of play. When did anybody say they expect Halesowen to play like that? So what's the point of saying it, it's just nonsense. Then he went on about how other teams use long ball tactics. Yes they do, but as I've said before, there are different types of long ball. There are diagonal long balls to wingers for example that are precise. I wouldn't be complaining if that were the case at the Grove, but it's not, it's just hit and hope long ball to anywhere and people have had enough. He also mentions players smoking before training/games. I got slated for saying about the fitness, but to me, it's an insult if people are paying to watch and that is going on.

The problem is, it's a repetitive cycle. We have a couple of months of dreadful results and putting up with some of the worst football in the UK, and you think surely this time.....and then they get a couple of good results that buy the manager seemingly endless amounts of time. And then we have another few months of misery. And so on

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Nov 2016, 19:35

The sad thing is; is the fact that poor performances have been a regular occurrence for over 18 months now. So it's not exactly a new thing. Yet people are still defensive over any form of criticism.