Blyth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Blyth Updates

Post by wednesburystokie » 13 Nov 2016, 19:18

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Poll wrote:
The manager bravely went to 3-5-2 for the second half, bringing Delaney on to help Kaiman out up front. We were transformed, suddenly passing the ball through midfield and causing their defence all sorts of problems.
We're a better side when we play two up front.
Like at Stafford you mean?

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 13 Nov 2016, 19:24

My two cents...

The game plan from the start was clear, stifle Blyth, let them have the ball at the back as much as they like and try to catch them on the break, the same tactics as the game last season.

For the first half an hour this worked a treat and if not for the worst refereeing decision I have seen in my life (yes even worse than Aaron Daniels being called offside last season after running past a defender) we could have been 1-0 up and had something to hold onto.

Blyth then scored from a free kick into the box, long ball = great football and we found ourselves 1-0 down. They then grabbed a second 4 minutes from half time which completely changed the tactics for the second half.

Credit to the management for going for it with nothing to lose and within 25 'minutes we found ourselves in the lead. Blyth were well and truly on the ropes and it shows in the fact they took footballing god Robbie Dale off and replaced him with Pattinson.

One error later and its 3-3, I'm not going to blame Platty, god knows how many points he has saved and earned us over the last year, I think the fact he was distraught at full time tells a story.

4 minutes from time we should have scored again as Chilly fired over the bar from the penalty spot on his right foot. Just wish it had been from the other side!

They then pushed on, inspired by the fact they didn't want a replay and got the winner.

A day I'm sure those of us who were there will never forget and a performance to be proud of.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 Nov 2016, 20:25

wednesburystokie wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:
Poll wrote:
The manager bravely went to 3-5-2 for the second half, bringing Delaney on to help Kaiman out up front. We were transformed, suddenly passing the ball through midfield and causing their defence all sorts of problems.
We're a better side when we play two up front.
Like at Stafford you mean?
Yes. The same game where we went 4-5-1 after HT and looked just as toothless. But no John Hill fans mention that...

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 Nov 2016, 20:27

CRHTheTog wrote:My two cents...

The game plan from the start was clear, stifle Blyth, let them have the ball at the back as much as they like and try to catch them on the break, the same tactics as the game last season.

For the first half an hour this worked a treat and if not for the worst refereeing decision I have seen in my life (yes even worse than Aaron Daniels being called offside last season after running past a defender) we could have been 1-0 up and had something to hold onto.

Blyth then scored from a free kick into the box, long ball = great football and we found ourselves 1-0 down. They then grabbed a second 4 minutes from half time which completely changed the tactics for the second half.

Credit to the management for going for it with nothing to lose and within 25 'minutes we found ourselves in the lead. Blyth were well and truly on the ropes and it shows in the fact they took footballing god Robbie Dale off and replaced him with Pattinson.

One error later and its 3-3, I'm not going to blame Platty, god knows how many points he has saved and earned us over the last year, I think the fact he was distraught at full time tells a story.

4 minutes from time we should have scored again as Chilly fired over the bar from the penalty spot on his right foot. Just wish it had been from the other side!

They then pushed on, inspired by the fact they didn't want a replay and got the winner.

A day I'm sure those of us who were there will never forget and a performance to be proud of.
Excellent post that was well written. Enjoyed reading that.

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 13 Nov 2016, 21:54

Photos from Blyth 4-3 Halesowen:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/halesowen ... 6434869516

CRH