Blyth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Blyth Updates

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Nov 2016, 17:28

We evidently put up a really good fight, and that's great. What I would be questioning from the above posts is, why is it always the referees fault?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 Nov 2016, 17:38

Yeltz27 wrote:We evidently put up a really good fight, and that's great. What I would be questioning from the above posts is, why is it always the referees fault?
Because you're not allowed to criticise the players or manager. So you're left with match officials?

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 13 Nov 2016, 17:42

Mr 27.

I have 2295 posts in the match updates. Read every one of them and see how many times I have blamed the ref!
(I think you will find I've moaned about 2 decisions- the Asa pen giveaway at Grantham and the pen yesterday)

But my word, yesterday's was a truly, truly awful decision. Their fans were rolling around laughing. Even if the ref had his eyes shut he would have heard him slap the ball!
So why shouldn't I put that on here for the fans who were not there to read?

Did I blame the ref for the result? No
Could the decision have changed the game? Yes

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Nov 2016, 17:46

Johnny Bud wrote:Mr 27.

I have 2295 posts in the match updates. Read every one of them and see how many times I have blamed the ref!
(I think you will find I've moaned about 2 decisions- the Asa pen giveaway at Grantham and the pen yesterday)

But my word, yesterday's was a truly, truly awful decision. Their fans were rolling around laughing. Even if the ref had his eyes shut he would have heard him slap the ball!

You don't always blame the ref, I know that, so I might not be referring to your post

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 13 Nov 2016, 17:49

Last year when we won 1-0 we had a lot of luck to hold out. Blyth were by far the better team and we were under the cosh for a lot of the game. Platty made a wonder save too.

This year we had no luck whatsoever, IMHO outplayed Blyth (or at worst were equal) and were really unlucky to lose mainly through a keeper error/bad bounce.

The result obviously doesn't always match the performance, or how good the tactics were.

I can only comment on what I see, and I did actually watch those 2 games.

Honestly there is nothing negative about the performance yesterday. In the 30 years I've been watching is it was a good a game as I can remember (probably only 2nd to the Vase semi against Warrington we talked about on here a few weeks ago).

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 13 Nov 2016, 17:50

Y27- I will give you that one ;) . The ref was actually pretty decent yesterday apart from that one howler.

And Josh- I've criticised Platty for the equaliser- like I did at Stafford. And remember, we all have to stand listening to you go on at refs at every home game! So you are, to be honest, talking garbage- you been on the shandy today? ;) D
Last edited by Johnny Bud on 13 Nov 2016, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 13 Nov 2016, 17:56

The ref was literally doing cartwheels on the pitch while he was warming up before the game (no joke!)

I've never seen anything as crazy in all my life.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 13 Nov 2016, 18:14

I think he was almost certainly posting about me. I think he's missed me.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Nov 2016, 18:24

RobYeltz wrote:

I think he was almost certainly posting about me. I think he's missed me.
'He' most certainly hasn't missed you at all

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 13 Nov 2016, 19:12

I blame the barriers on the A1, the fact that I only found two shells in the beach at Whitley Bay and the fact I spilled my beans all over the mini bus.....