Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Blyth Updates

Post by DanielRolinson » 13 Nov 2016, 14:30

Yeltz TV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 13 Nov 2016, 15:47

Still gutted. Deserved so much more. The lack of penalty for the handball was diabolical as was the elbow on Delaney that was missed. Referee and assistants got all the big decisions wrong, or was oblivious to them. 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 3-5-2 we need to use all formations at some point this season. To claim we play better with 4-4-2 isn't always the case - Stafford away being one example.

Top effort by the players, great character, great desire and certainly a great spirit between them. Blyth will finish in the top 2 this season and we scared the shit out of them at times today. Credit to the players for their efforts toady and manager who, in my opinion tactically was spot on.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 13 Nov 2016, 16:26

It was the first time I've seen us play in the flesh this season - great game to start!

Agreed with Rob, the 2nd half formation definitely made sense for the situation, as we were two down and had nothing to lose. Clearly we looked much more dangerous going forward, but it was a bit risky at the back, especially against Blyth's tendency to get it forward quickly with long cross field passes.

The manager made a great decision to go like that after the break, but it would be madness to play like that every week.

After watching the highlights I'm still gutted. I'm assuming their equaliser took a really bad bounce to deceive Platty, and great coverage of the handball incident!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 Nov 2016, 16:52

I wasn't there, but to suggest the manager got it tactically spot on after we went 2-0, then losing a 3-2 lead to eventually lose 4-3, is a little strange? And a little contradictory?

To make changes and claw back a two goal deficit is good, obviously. It firstly shows that John Hill recognised the starting line up and the tactics wasn't working and made relevant changes. Secondly it shows great character from the players. Or at least that's the implications of going 2-0 the. Leading 3-2.

Blyth is a difficult place to go to, I didn't expect us to get anything, so I'm proud of the group of players for (sounding like) they gave everything.

This is a good squad we have.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 13 Nov 2016, 17:00

RaidenYeltz wrote:I wasn't there, obviously, but to suggest the manager got it tactically spot on after we went 2-0, then losing a 3-2 lead to eventually lose 4-3, is a little strange? And a little contradictory?

I think to make changes and claw back a 3-2 lead is good, obviously. It shows that John Hill recognised the starting line up and the tactics, wasn't great and made relevant changes. And shows great character to the players. Or at least that's the implications of going 2-0 the. Leading 3-2.

Blyth is a difficult place to go to, I didn't expect us to get anything, so I'm proud of the group of players for (sounding like) they gave everything.

This is a good squad we have.
Yeah, it was all John Hill's fault we went 2-0 down, it was Danny McGuire who turned John Hill to socre the second after John Hill got beat in the air from the free kick from the first. It was John Hill who let the third in from distance when he didn't get behind the ball to handle safely. As for him failing to kick the ball off the line for the fourth goal - well, it was appalling.

Having seen how Blyth played if we'd have started with 2 up front then a) Delaney wouldn't have been anywhere near as effective and b) We'd have been more than 2-0 down. I go back to my early point, we had two upfront versus Stafford, who play very similarly to Blyth and that didn't really help us did it?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Nov 2016, 17:01

It sounds like one of those games that will last long in the memory for those that were there. You don't get a great deal of those following a football team around, such a shame it wasn't a victory to remember.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 13 Nov 2016, 17:02

But Josh- football isn't just about tactics!

Was it the 4-5-1 that made the ref miss the blatant penalty?
Was it the tactics that made Platty make an error for their equaliser?
Was it the tactics that got Kyle injured and forced an early sub?

Soemtimes you can not plan for what the players do / don't do!

And, maybe John's plan was always to throw two up top second half. In practically every away game I've seen Ethan had been far more effective as a sub (changing the game) than as a starter.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 13 Nov 2016, 17:04

So it appears me, Rob and Poll seem to think alike! And we all saw the game... Strange that ;D ;D

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 13 Nov 2016, 17:17

Great highlights once again. Seemed like a great game very entertaining and by the sounds of it lucky not to win let alone loose. 4-5-1 in games like that are a must really to keep it tight but tactics second half seemed pretty much spot on. Praise to John Hill is needed I think.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 Nov 2016, 17:21

Didn't say anything was John Hill's fault? In fact I even credited him for turning it around...

I just question the statement of John Hill getting it tactically spot on. When we lost.

That is all.

We beat them 1-0 last year. With what I gather was a classic away performance. That could be described as tactically spot on. But not when we lose. I just find that a strange comment.