Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 05 Nov 2016, 16:48

Attendance: 402

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Nov 2016, 17:59

The lack of comments so far may reflect a fairly lacklustre game. I really hoped we may have kicked on this week following a very good performance at Rushall but it just hasn't materialised. Still, a win's a win as they say.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 05 Nov 2016, 18:48

Well I quite enjoyed the game today- thought there was plenty of sharpness and creativity and we were well worth the victory. Only complaint is that we just don't seem to finish games off (we've actually won all our league games by a one goal margin) and you do spend the final few minutes worrying about an equaliser.

Coalville were a poor side and will need to improve to stay up. I always remember when we arrived in the NPL Prem we were constantly frustrated by the game management of some of our opponents; Rob said at the time that we need to be more "streetwise". Well, today, we were very streetwise and Coalville looked naive by comparison.

So there's plenty of reasons to feel optimistic- We're back in the top half, we've got two games in hand on the three teams above us, our form is still strong, and here's a date for your diary - 2nd January. That's the next time we have to face a team currently in the top half of the table in the league.

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 05 Nov 2016, 19:13

One very chilly today. A warm bovril was a must. Coalville were a very poor side and will be surprised if they remain in this league. I thought the lads did well today. Nice to see Kaiman back on the scoresheet with a penalty and he should of had another penalty moments after which seemed impossible to miss but wasn't given, not sure how.

We desperately needed a second goal today to put the game beyond any doubt. Platty pulled off a good save with a shot from Inside there own half which seemed to be heading in. Birley was named man of the match but could of been Goddard and the Two could play above this level along with Anderson I believe, and it's imperative we keep all 3. I also thought Asa looked assured and steady today. Let's just hope we can climb the league and get another good run under our belts.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Nov 2016, 19:17

Pretty much agree with Pierce's post.

It was a vast improvement on Tuesday nights poor display.

I thought we played ok, and created a number of good chances with some good football. We should've won by 3 or 4. We need to find ways of putting teams to bed.

For all the second half dominance Coalville could've snatched a draw.

It was a game we should've won before play started, and we got the job done.

Coalville are the worst team I've seen this season. They're abysmal.

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 05 Nov 2016, 19:27

I thought we played well against a very poor Coalville side, the only disappointment was not scoring more. We should have had a second penalty, keepers made a great save from Jordan, Braggs missed a great chance and on another day Kaimen would have had an hat-trick. Loved that training ground free kick which nearly resulted in Kaimen scoring.
Again the midfield looked excellent. I feel we aren't that far from being a side capable of making the play-offs. Another positive display.

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 05 Nov 2016, 19:41

The challenge on Goddard although it should have been a foul was just outside the box. All in all a win is a win and a better performance than Tuesday when a lot of players looked tired. On to Saturday against Blyth!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 05 Nov 2016, 20:07

Coalville were poor which makes the scoreline a bit frustrating, if not the result.

However don't assume they'll go down. Teams in this league seem to swing from being good to poor to average, us included at times.

Nevertheless, I'm certainly more encouraged. I hope we give it a real go next week as a cup run in a prestigious competition would be nice (don't include BSC and league cup in that category).

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 05 Nov 2016, 20:15

Nonetheless its still 3 points. Such is football, we'll play sides as poor on the day and lose. And its another step forwards ultimately.