Stafford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stafford Updates

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 01 Nov 2016, 23:22

First time I have posted on the forum, have always been a reader but now thought I would get involved. Less of the waffle onto today.
Dissapointing seeing as we were on a good run with by the sound of it a very good performance on saturday. I went today in full optimism, and first half I still had that. Second half however seen some calamitous defending cost us. Anderson was very quiet and doesn't seem himself don't know if it's the pressure of a new manager at Shrewsbury and along with deleaney had both poor games. I did see an earlier poster suggest we got another striker in and I think that is a must, as we needed a replacement today I felt. I was very surprised to not see the same team with the new guy in centre midfield- due to the result Saturday and performance the weekend. A performance worth noting was Goddard and what a big player he is for us, he seems to make us play, Stafford fans were also very complimentary of him and you can understand why, management staff need a big pat on the back for that find but fear he won't be hear long. Denny i thought had a good game also his usual steady eddy and kept things simple . But defending was very poor at times. Onto Saturday and hope the team can pick themselves up.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: Stafford Updates

Post by HalesowenHarry » 02 Nov 2016, 08:15

Birley went off on Saturday with a tight hamstring, so was a benchfiller last night. He wasn't dropped. Denny is out on Saturday, so you'd think he'll come back in if his hammie is ok.