Tamworth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Tamworth Updates

Post by old git » 26 Oct 2016, 10:28

yeltz85 wrote:Last night win was John Hill's 100th as Yeltz manager. 216 games in charge now.
???

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 26 Oct 2016, 10:34

old git wrote:
yeltz85 wrote:Last night win was John Hill's 100th as Yeltz manager. 216 games in charge now.
???
100th win in his 216th game as Yeltz boss............. you'll have to put that 'old' into capitals ;D

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 26 Oct 2016, 12:05

HalesowenHarry wrote:
old git wrote:
???
100th win in his 216th game as Yeltz boss............. you'll have to put that 'old' into capitals ;D
Even for an OLD banker he easily gets confused. ;)

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Oct 2016, 12:14

dalevillain wrote:Good performance last night against a side a league above us. As mentioned it was hardly a 'reserve' Tamworth side either so even more pleasing to get the win.

Also nice to see some of the players who haven't featured as regularly come in and give the manager a bit of a selection headache. I thought new bloke Burley did well on his debut and took his goal well, might be lacking a bit of match fitness but sure that will come in time.

Sure it might be seen as a bit of a meaningless competition but to spout the old cliche 'winning breeds confidence' which is so true. It would be nice to have a cup run regardless of which competition so if we're in it, we might as well try to have a go!

See you at Rushall on Saturday!
Personally I don't think there's much debate in what our strongest lineup is ATM.

The GK and back four pick themselves (Platt, Haines, Asa, Silva and Hancocks).

The front two (you'd hope we're sticking to 4-4-2 now!) again pick them selves (Anderson and Delaney).

Midfield you'd go for Chilly left, Melvin wide right and Diggie in the middle.

The only issue is who would you play between Denny, Goddard and Birely.

After last night's display there is only really one choice, Birely. So for me, Saturday's starting 11 picks it's self.

The brilliant thing is we now have options on the bench with the likes of Morrison, Griff, Denny,Goddard etc. That's before you factor in the likes of APS, Bradley Lewis and Tyree Clarke (dual registered with other clubs and injuries).

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 26 Oct 2016, 12:56

That's what I meant though, strength in depth in the squad now which I don't think was the case a short while ago. Whilst the team may pick itself it was still pleasing to see those coming in trying to stake a place in the team which is only healthy to have competition in the team.

Of course the only problem is long term once the loaners return to their respective clubs, but I guess we'll have to worry about that when the times comes.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Oct 2016, 13:24

RaidenYeltz wrote:Personally I don't think there's much debate in what our strongest lineup is ATM.
I would personally switch at least three players from your preferred lineup, Raiders, so not as cut and dried as you may hope. (Goddard on the bench is an abomination! :o ) But bloody great that we have such strength in depth and agree that the new bloke was impressive on debut.

I know this thread is full of the joys of spring but I do genuinely expect we'll see a more "cautious" line up on Saturday at Rushall, even though I'd be pleasantly surprised to see us roll the dice and give it a go with two up top.

PS- Any news on Ashley Parsons-Smith? Is he out for the season, do we think?

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 26 Oct 2016, 13:41

Charlton is suspended Saturday.

Surely Kiddy won't let us play Digie (and maybe Silva).

So team selection for Saturday may be interesting...

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Oct 2016, 17:33

I'm a massive fan of Goddard. But Diggie is a class above anything we've got in that department and you'd be mad to leave Birley out
after last night.

I'd hope that Kiddy don't prevent us using Silva and Diggie. If they do then insert Morrison and Goddard respectively.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 26 Oct 2016, 17:48

Indeed - those central two provided so much energy last night. All this guesswork depends on who is available (loanees injuries etc) however I would expect to see a team/formation similar to how we FINISHED last night rather than how we STARTED. We need to play our strongest eleven to counteract anything Rushall can do, but also to threaten their goal as well. One of the keys last night for me was the number of times Tamworth were caught offside (strange thing to say you may suggest). This compressed the play defenders, midfielders, forwards were never too far apart, short passing worked well, and a central midfield player was far enough up the pitch from open play to score late in the game

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Oct 2016, 19:48

I can't make Saturday but I'd be disappointed if we didn't go 442.