Ashton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Oct 2016, 22:27

Frodo wrote:If we run with the presumption that, for whatever reason, the squad is the best we possibly could have, then why does it fail to come off week in week out?

I would argue in terms of tactics, playing just Anderson up front to run onto a hopeful long ball (which looks like a desperate clearance) does not work. I found it interesting how it was commented upon on Saturday that Anderson makes the majority of of our goals, as well as scores them. It just fills me with dread to think that he will go back at some point, and we will struggle to score with our long ball method.

It would be nice to see our Halesowen team put pressure on opponents with an attacking passing game, but who would give that imaginative and revolutionary idea a go?
Anderson goes back in January, I believe?

Silva goes back in 1 month (unless this has been further extended?).

The potential consequences of when Anderson leaves could be devastating to us. But let's see if his stay is extended or whether we can find another quality loanee to replace him.

Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton Updates

Post by Frodo » 10 Oct 2016, 23:16

RaidenYeltz wrote:
The potential consequences of when Anderson leaves could be devastating to us. But let's see if his stay is extended or whether we can find another quality loanee to replace him.
I think this fear speaks volumes, our ability to score goals rests with one man and one plan, very similar predicament to when we no longer had Hasley to knock in a netful. Only this time we haven't got Tonks' long throw into the box as plan B.

But I heard originality and trying something new is overrated.