Post by CRHTheTog » 09 Oct 2016, 20:26

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton Updates

Post by andy » 09 Oct 2016, 20:31

drummyb wrote:
I like the badge personally. I gather youre undecided ;D
;D ;D

Random building with party hat on top or OUR town centre church uniquely styled into OUR traditional badge. Ooooh its a close run thing...

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 10 Oct 2016, 09:11

RaidenYeltz wrote:Just 1 win in 6 now.

We've just threw away a 2 goal lead against a rubbish side.

Simply not good enough.
League Form though, 2 Wins - 3 Draws - 1 Loss.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Oct 2016, 12:05

yeltz85 wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:Just 1 win in 6 now.

We've just threw away a 2 goal lead against a rubbish side.

Simply not good enough.
League Form though, 2 Wins - 3 Draws - 1 Loss.
More of a comment to show you can pull stats from anywhere to try and prove a point.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 10 Oct 2016, 12:27

And you called Ashton a rubbish side based on one match?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Oct 2016, 13:16

They were very poor. Can only judge on what I see.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 10 Oct 2016, 18:06

I agree with mr raiden, on saturday Ashton were a very poor side and yet took over the game for the last 20minutes. Regarding our league record , despite only one dfeat in six, the standard of football has not been good and the only performance that I was completely satisfied with, was the match against Workington when we played well throughout to beat a good side

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Oct 2016, 19:00

KenR wrote:I agree with mr raiden, on saturday Ashton were a very poor side and yet took over the game for the last 20minutes. Regarding our league record , despite only one dfeat in six, the standard of football has not been good and the only performance that I was completely satisfied with, was the match against Workington when we played well throughout to beat a good side
Would tend to agree with that. My issues aren't necessarily the recent league results (in league and cup (where we played a side in our league over two games), it's still 1 win in 6 ;) ), it's the way in which a couple of them have come (I still maintain that a point, no matter who against, shouldn't be viewed as a good result when you've gone two goals up), together with an overwhelming feeling that we've got so much more to offer.

But then again, I don't know much, and players like Platt, Asa, Silva, Goddard, Digie, (Even Deny for me has improved on his performances since last season), Chilly, Anderson, and Delaney (with the exception of Delaney) form an integral part of our regular starting XI, who I rate very highly. Especially Platt, Goddard and Anderson.

They're obviously not as good as I believe them to be. And we've got quite a poor squad.

Oh well, tomorrow is a different game. Let's hope I'm proved wrong and we go on to batter Mickleover. Onwards and upwards.

Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Frodo » 10 Oct 2016, 19:30

If we run with the presumption that, for whatever reason, the squad is the best we possibly could have, then why does it fail to come off week in week out?

I would argue in terms of tactics, playing just Anderson up front to run onto a hopeful long ball (which looks like a desperate clearance) does not work. I found it interesting how it was commented upon on Saturday that Anderson makes the majority of of our goals, as well as scores them. It just fills me with dread to think that he will go back at some point, and we will struggle to score with our long ball method.

It would be nice to see our Halesowen team put pressure on opponents with an attacking passing game, but who would give that imaginative and revolutionary idea a go?