Ashton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton Updates

Post by drummyb » 08 Oct 2016, 22:30

Given that we were all but out of existance a few years ago, is it beyond possible we're still paying monies back?? I re-iterate. We are a mid table to lower table team. Some good stuff but not quite there yet.
We are reliant on loanees. Strikes me we aren't as flush with money as people think.

I think JH is doing ok with what he has. They all play for him. Maybe we just lack that bit of quality.

Ive seen no real difference between us Nantwich or Ashton as the two games Ive been to. I guess it depends on expectations.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 08 Oct 2016, 22:45

Firstly those that question the 'owner' are correct to do so. We are yet again up towards the top at our level, attendance wise. Where is the money? Is it possible to get some form of basic view via a simple spreadsheet of where money is going?

Secondly, to use the 'owner' as an excuse for recent results is a bit strange. The 'owner' has faults but the current group of players ARE more than good enough. It's not as though we're in the scenario we were a few years back prior to John, where the players were cack and it was a case of 'how many will we lose by?'.

Ultimately what ever the issues off the pitch, the results AND performances do not match the players available to chose from. On the pitch, what we're seeing is NOT good enough.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Oct 2016, 22:59

drummyb wrote:Given that we were all but out of existance a few years ago, is it beyond possible we're still paying monies back?? I re-iterate. We are a mid table to lower table team. Some good stuff but not quite there yet.
We are reliant on loanees. Strikes me we aren't as flush with money as people think.

I think JH is doing ok with what he has. They all play for him. Maybe we just lack that bit of quality.

Ive seen no real difference between us Nantwich or Ashton as the two games Ive been to. I guess it depends on expectations.
I'm not aware anybody has said we are flush with money. People are asking why are we lower table when we have one of the better attendances in the league. It doesn't make sense. We hear, or used to anyway, that virtually every team we played had a bigger budget, even if their attendances were lower than 100 or in the low 100s! And how did they know so and so had a bigger budget, to me it was just another way of backing up the manager at all costs

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 08 Oct 2016, 23:57

Or paying debts off? And to get better players on better wages you have to have money. If we arent, it means the attendance money is paying debts off, we have more expenses than crowds pay for or someone is filtering money off. I tend to beleive its the first two.

And as someone who goes once in a blue moon, I think there is a lot of hard work going on to raise our profile with sponsorship/merchandising. It is what it is.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 09 Oct 2016, 01:15

Its alright for people to keep barking in on about the owner and budgets (I know that if the Lynchpin had n't stepped in when he did, HTFC would n't be playing at this level now. No , in most cases I believe the players are good enough to compete but when they are stymied by the same boring style and negative unamaginitive restraints , we will never achieve success.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 09 Oct 2016, 07:37

Obviously I agree Ken with where the real problem lies. I just wonder whether there is anybody in the owners ear providing different views or whether he just listens to those who say 'in JH we trust' etc. If he does then that's not good for the club as there has to be balance.

I think one massive problem is is that people are so protective and that they don't seem to take criticism very well, if it all. And if you can't then things never change. I think that's a big contributing factor to lots of the problems, whether it be on the pitch or even on here

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 09 Oct 2016, 07:45

How about we go back to this formation, Goalkeeper, Right Back, Left Back, Right Half, Centre Half, Left Half, Outside Right, Inside Right, Centre Forward, Inside Left, Outside Left, Kaiman would then have lots of company whenever the opposition had the ball in our half, it worked well for Blackburn Rovers in the 1890's. ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Oct 2016, 10:09

Seamus wrote:How about we go back to this formation, Goalkeeper, Right Back, Left Back, Right Half, Centre Half, Left Half, Outside Right, Inside Right, Centre Forward, Inside Left, Outside Left, Kaiman would then have lots of company whenever the opposition had the ball in our half, it worked well for Blackburn Rovers in the 1890's. ;D
To be honest I have often wondered why someone doesn't try something like that! The opposition would have to then set up to counter that and it could be enjoyable. Many teams in the past have thrown the rule book out the window and their style ended up being the norm. Inter and Ajax were 2 good examples, (although Inter did not make the game better to watch!). After watching another boring England performance last night 1890's Blackburn might have been preferable.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Oct 2016, 10:17

drummyb, where have you got this paying off debts notion from? Maybe if we hadn't spent thousands on changing the badge and buying an unusable shed we might have a better team.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 09 Oct 2016, 12:29

Im just asking the question. I dont know the ins and outs of the finances. It just strikes me if we are reliant on loanees, we may be struggling budget wise, as players also left for a better wage. I dont profess to know all the workings of the last few years and the near collapse.

I like the badge personally. I gather youre undecided ;D