Ashton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton Updates

Post by KenR » 08 Oct 2016, 20:56

Totally unimaginative and negitive display against a poor Ashton side who gifted us two fortunate goals and yet in the second half dominated us particularly the last 20minutes when it became just a matter of time before they scored and then went on to equalise. I cannot understand JH mentality in only playing one up front in a home match and not gambling last saturday or in the replay for a match that could have been worth in excess of £20, 000 . The manager might point out that he hadno forwards but I would say thats his own fault. Them lot down the road gambled over the last few years and look at the money they accrued and the players they now have.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 08 Oct 2016, 21:01

I notice the owner isn't ever questioned on here. Interesting that that lot down the road get mentioned on how successful they've been. Yet they have a board of relatively successful businessmen singing from the same hymn sheet. Ho de hum.....swings and roundabouts I s'pose

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 08 Oct 2016, 21:05

KenR wrote:Totally unimaginative and negitive display against a poor Ashton side who gifted us two fortunate goals and yet in the second half dominated us particularly the last 20minutes when it became just a matter of time before they scored and then went on to equalise. I cannot understand JH mentality in only playing one up front in a home match and not gambling last saturday or in the replay for a match that could have been worth in excess of £20, 000 . The manager might point out that he hadno forwards but I would say thats his own fault. Them lot down the road gambled over the last few years and look at the money they accrued and the players they now have.
Another critical post.

It's interesting to note that the 'John Hill 4 year anniversary' post got zero responses.

No further comment. I just find that interesting.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Oct 2016, 21:12

HalesowenHarry wrote:I notice the owner isn't ever questioned on here. Interesting that that lot down the road get mentioned on how successful they've been. Yet they have a board of relatively successful businessmen singing from the same hymn sheet. Ho de hum.....swings and roundabouts I s'pose
There were questions about the owner last year. But he then went on to say it didnt matter what we thought as he trusted JH and that was all that mattered. So what can anybody do?

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 08 Oct 2016, 21:25

Not sure if anyone watched the England game, but BOTH teams were portrayed by the TV as playing one up front. The Maltese forward was isolated, his team sat deep, Sturridge however was not, 442 is regularly criticised as a dated rigid approach, by modern students of the game. I definitely felt something went wrong in the last 30 or so mins, but in MY opinion has nothing to do with the formation, substitutions or not use of is where I would first look first.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 08 Oct 2016, 21:27

I think you've missed my point. There's a hell of a lot more people who also want change but not necessarily starting with the manager. I'll for once agree though there's jack shit we can do about the current predicament. We've teetered from Morell then his cronies since 2007. Oh for those Ron Moseley then Nigel Pitt halcyon days eh! :-[

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 08 Oct 2016, 21:27

HH has brought up an interesting point in them lot down the road, board of businessmen in place for many years now. Each singing from the same hymn sheet and bringing in sponsorship etc.

We have one owner with no board/committee who wants us to be self sufficient which has been achieved I believe. Football clubs at this level should always be self sufficient in my eyes, especially with our history. A cup run would have helped I agree. Does self sufficiency give us a low budget? Maybe... If that's the case the John Hill does a great job in my eyes.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Oct 2016, 21:30

HalesowenHarry wrote:I notice the owner isn't ever questioned on here.
You're far from the only one that thinks that. There are so many cans of worms that would be opened if people started. One thing I'm prepared to ask openly though is this: John Hill bemoans his budget compared to all other teams at this level, yet we have higher crowds than most other teams at this level, most of the work is done for free by volunteers and it isn't spent on the pitch that's for sure. So why cant we compete?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Oct 2016, 22:02

PS If we don't start improving our performances and league position we may be soon getting the 200-250 crowds of others. Then we WILL need a major investor that the owner sees eye to eye with if he's not going to dig deep himself.

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 08 Oct 2016, 22:25

Photos from today's game are now available:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/halesowen ... 4942980705

CRH