Nantwich Replay

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
yeltz85
Global Moderator

Re: Nantwich Replay

Post by yeltz85 » 05 Oct 2016, 14:06

Yeltz27 wrote:
andy wrote:Just to set things straight (especially you HH after that comment), my comment is merely that the football we have been playing for a long time now is poor. 1 win in 8, 1 defeat in 8, does not change that fact. We CAN play good football but seldom do, we CAN play football through our midfield but seldom do, we DO look better with 2 strikers but rarely have them. Whenever I am at games everybody seems to be saying the same thing, yet say it on here and you are made to feel like a naughty minority. If people choose to compare it with the recent past that's their choice, I'll choose to compare it to all the 25 years before that if that's the case and it pales into insignificance. I'm also the first to come on here with praise when necessary so don't give me the sh*t about being a moaner. The football of recent times (with exceptions admittedly) has been negative and not good to watch and in my opinion could have been a lot better with the players we have.
I also have given credit when it's been due to be fair. Admittedly it hasn't been often but I have done at times.

The other thing that gets me is Certain fans feeling that their voice is more important than others. You will read things like, 'those who go home and away are totally behind you', to the manager, or that they have done loads of work and are behind John Hill. Before anybody says I'm belittling the work done, I'm not, but I don't see what it's got to do with whether John Hill stays or not. I go home and away when I can, and I'm not totally behind the manager. The fact is, we, even if we moan, still pay to go in like everybody else and are entitled to voice an opinion without being ridiculed for it
Everyone is entitled to their opinion agree. Not sure anyone is being ridiculed. This forum wouldn't be anything without opinions.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 05 Oct 2016, 14:34

Yeltz27 wrote: I also have given credit when it's been due to be fair.
No, you really don't.

Your posts this season:
2 after Buxton
5 after Blyth
9 after Hednesford
1 after Workington
1 after Belper
4 after Nantwich
and a few moans about attendances and the pitch.

You really only come on here to stick the knife in after we've lost.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Oct 2016, 15:48

In relation to the seven game unbeaten run and the John Hill out / in camp, it all depends how you spin it, isn't it?

Two of those seven games games were against sides lower in the pyramid than us in the cup, which I expected us to win comfortably.

The other wins were against a poor Ilkeston side, who will more than likely be relegated and an excellent win v Workington. Both home fixtures where I'd expect us to get positive results from.

Three draws, two of which we threw away a lead (one being a two goal lead at Stourbr*dge) and the other an uneventful 0-0 against Barwell.

It's a welcome run yes, but it's nothing more or less than I'd expect a club of our stature to achieve. And don’t forget the poor start to the season that came before it. You can spin it around and use the poor start of the season and factor in the fact we are currently on a run where we've only won once in four games.

In relation to John Hill and the notion of 'careful what you wish for' comment, there will always be an element of that regardless of who is in charge. The grass isn't always greener, is a cliché for a reason. Maybe John is a miracle worker? We won't know until the availability of hind sight! I’d personally like to echo above posts and say he did a brilliant job at the level below in resurrecting the club and then stabilising us at this level. But football isn’t about looking back and admiring what’s gone before, it’s about looking forward and moving on and progressing.

What I would like to point out is that the club has been in and around this level under many a manager across many years. So it's not as if we're at the top of a peak treading new water, is it? This is probably our level historically. So Halesowen being at this level under John shouldn’t be seen as some miracle achievement and it is only he who has achieved such heights.

Maybe if you spin it and flip it around the club could move forward under a new man? You can't say one way or another with any certainty, can you?

In answer to an above question 'who would we employ? ‘I don't know the answer, I don’t know enough about local managers. It’s most likely irrelevant, anyway. But my thoughts on the subject is; I’d like to think we are a club capable of attracting a manager capable of matching John’s current achievements. I’m a fan of our assistant manager who did a good job here in his previous spell. I believe the answer to the hypothetical irrelevant question is Clarke. So in short, to suggest there is no one else available should the unlikely happen, is wide of the mark.

Whoever is in charge I’d probably pick a different eleven to them, and Yeltz 27 would pick a different eleven to me, and Andy would pick a different eleven…that’s the beauty of football, I guess.

While some folk may think our squad is poor and we are punching well above our weight in just being at this level and that we're constantly massive underdogs, I don't. For what it's worth I firmly believe we've got a solid core of players together which includes what I believe to be the best striker and goal keeper in this league.

This group of players are currently more than capable of beating anyone in this league on their day. They're more than capable of beating Nantwich away, as we've already seen. They're more than capable of beating Stourbr*dge. In recent times we've beaten the likes of Blyth away.

They show in glimpses that they’re capable of producing a good standard of football that produces clear cut chances. This is ultimately what has frustrated me over the past 15 months or so. We’ve had some talented players at our disposal and at times the football and results haven’t matched the talent in the squad.

One genuine question; how many times, recently, have we played 90 minutes and the opposition keeper has been really tested?

That’s just my opinions. Maybe my expectations are too high.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Oct 2016, 16:12

Interesting you say historically our level, for the whole of the 90s we were one level below the Conference and competing for promotion to it regularly.

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 05 Oct 2016, 18:51

Photos from our FA Cup defeat to Nantwich are now available:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/halesowen ... 3627773610

CRH

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 06 Oct 2016, 16:28

Not posted on here for a while I've been fed up of the squabbles. Interesting though, the forum match threads are always longer when we lose - (even for the first time in weeks) than when we win. Strange though that this kind of comment seems to come up which is clearly directed at me from my twitter posts

The other thing that gets me is Certain fans feeling that their voice is more important than others. You will read things like, 'those who go home and away are totally behind you', to the manager, or that they have done loads of work and are behind John Hill. Before anybody says I'm belittling the work done, I'm not, but I don't see what it's got to do with whether John Hill stays or not. I go home and away when I can, and I'm not totally behind the manager. The fact is, we, even if we moan, still pay to go in like everybody else and are entitled to voice an opinion without being ridiculed for it

The irony of the post is amazing. We're all entitled to an opinion yet when those who do give their time for the club give their own opinion we seem to be 'ridiculed' for it. We disagree - I get that, but as much as I respect your opinion then please respect my opinion.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 06 Oct 2016, 17:24

RobYeltz wrote:Not posted on here for a while I've been fed up of the squabbles. Interesting though, the forum match threads are always longer when we lose - (even for the first time in weeks) than when we win. Strange though that this kind of comment seems to come up which is clearly directed at me from my twitter posts

The irony of the post is amazing. We're all entitled to an opinion yet when those who do give their time for the club give their own opinion we seem to be 'ridiculed' for it. We disagree - I get that, but as much as I respect your opinion then please respect my opinion.
No I am sorry Rob but I think you've got this wrong. I'm not ridiculing you. When you post a tweet to the manager for example saying, 'those that go home and away are right behind you', that isn't an opinion, that is a statement that is factually untrue. There's no opinion in that so how can I be disrespecting it? If I tweeted him saying that none of us that go home and away are behind him you would soon say that that is untrue, which it would be so I wouldn't post it. I'm picking at words I know, but it appears that you are talking, with a tweet like that, on behalf of everybody and it provides a false sense how many people think what. And by posting it you leave yourself open to accusations that certain people feel their opinion is more important than others. I'm sorry if you don't like it but I'm just saying how it seems, because by writing it like you did, you were basically talking on my behalf as well, as I go home and away like I've said

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 06 Oct 2016, 17:50

Yeltz27 wrote:
RobYeltz wrote:Not posted on here for a while I've been fed up of the squabbles. Interesting though, the forum match threads are always longer when we lose - (even for the first time in weeks) than when we win. Strange though that this kind of comment seems to come up which is clearly directed at me from my twitter posts

No I am sorry Rob but I think you've got this wrong. I'm not ridiculing you. When you post a tweet to the manager for example saying, 'those that go home and away are right behind you', that isn't an opinion, that is a statement that is factually untrue. There's no opinion in that so how can I be disrespecting it? If I tweeted him saying that none of us that go home and away are behind him you would soon say that that is untrue, which it would be so I wouldn't post it. I'm picking at words I know, but it appears that you are talking, with a tweet like that, on behalf of everybody and it provides a false sense how many people think what. And by posting it you leave yourself open to accusations that certain people feel their opinion is more important than others. I'm sorry if you don't like it but I'm just saying how it seems, because by writing it like you did, you were basically talking on my behalf as well as I go home and away like I've said
If you're going to play with semantics then fine,so will I, if you go back and read my tweet properly, the actual tweet I made said "Those that go every week home and away are behind you". Of course there may be the odd person who feels differently (and yes perhaps my words could have been chosen a little more carefully) but I'm not speaking about you, as you've admitted you don't go every week. I'd never dream of speaking on your behalf, your opinion is so far away from mine.

I've said this repeatedly, my twitter account is mine, I'll use it as I like, if you don't like it, don't follow me.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Oct 2016, 18:05

It is strange how there seem to be more posts when we lose. I try to be fair and reflect on each individual game, win, lose or draw. Yet I would imagine the general undercurrent of each individual supporter remains pretty much the same irrespective of result, so the differences of opinion should be there every week. I guess we're just all more argumentative after a defeat. ;D
Grrr...

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 06 Oct 2016, 18:35

More people post when we lose than when we win! Shocking!