Nantwich Replay

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
yeltz85
Global Moderator

Re: Nantwich Replay

Post by yeltz85 » 05 Oct 2016, 11:40

Folks need to be careful what they wish for.

I don't know anyone else local in non league that puts as much dedication into the job as John Hill. His record at Halesowen speaks for itself. At this current point in time I couldn't think of anyone else more than I would want in charge. Folks calling for his to go after one defeat in 8...

As HH said, who would you want next? Hopefully JH sees the above and doesn't give it the time of day.

Of course last night was massive for the club, potential £7,500 for getting through, £12,500 for potentially beating Stourbr*dge and a massive gate, then a first round tie. That would be a lot for any non league team. This would of helped moving forwards by not having to rely heavily on loan players, starting the season with a full squad and not having a diminished bench last night. Why are players from Alvechurch and Hereford reluctant to join the club and stay where they are as JH and MC have stated on social media recently, lack of ambition on the players behalf?

Only 4 on the bench, Chilton Cup tied and no sign of Tyree Clarke wont have helped. With that in mind I can see why he probably went 4-5-1.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 05 Oct 2016, 11:49

yeltz85 wrote:Folks need to be careful what they wish for.

I don't know anyone else local in non league that puts as much dedication into the job as John Hill. His record at Halesowen speaks for itself. At this current point in time I couldn't think of anyone else more than I would want in charge. Folks calling for his to go after one defeat in 8...

As HH said, who would you want next? Hopefully JH sees the above and doesn't give it the time of day.

Of course last night was massive for the club, potential £7,500 for getting through, £12,500 for potentially beating Stourbr*dge and a massive gate, then a first round tie. That would be a lot for any non league team. This would of helped moving forwards by not having to rely heavily on loan players, starting the season with a full squad and not having a diminished bench last night. Why are players from Alvechurch and Hereford reluctant to join the club and stay where they are as JH and MC have stated on social media recently, lack of ambition on the players behalf?

Only 4 on the bench, Chilton Cup tied and no sign of Tyree Clarke wont have helped. With that in mind I can see why he probably went 4-5-1.
Yes but there have been times where it's been one win in eight as well. As you are well aware, I've wanted change for well over two years so the 1 defeat in 8 really doesn't bother me.

You say about the money in your post, and you are right. But maybe the 2nd and 3rd qualifying round is as far as this management can take it, we haven't got any proof they can take it further because they haven't taken us beyond qualifying since they arrived. Maybe that's their level. On the one hand people say we want a cup run, and then on the other say in JH we trust. I don't think we will have a cup run without a change. People have no idea whether somebody else could do a better job. But what I do know is that the football is the worst I've seen at the Grove with the odd occasional half here and there

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 05 Oct 2016, 12:03

Yeltz27 wrote: You say about the money in your post, and you are right. But maybe the 2nd and 3rd qualifying round is as far as this management can take it, we haven't got any proof they can take it further because they haven't taken us beyond qualifying since they arrived. Maybe that's their level. On the one hand people say we want a cup run, and then on the other say in JH we trust. I don't think we will have a cup run without a change. People have no idea whether somebody else could do a better job. But what I do know is that the football is the worst I've seen at the Grove with the odd occasional half here and there
So what you are trying to say is that sack the manager and have a cup run? Ludicrous.

Saturday they got a massive deflection for the equaliser, otherwise we would be playing Stourbr*dge at home.

http://yeltzarchives.com/index.php?opti ... y&catid=58

Based on our history, we made the First Round in 2004, prior to that 4th Qualifying in 1997. So in 20 years we have only got past the 3rd Qualifying round twice. Saying that a change in manager would get us past that point is absurd.

ginger dynamo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by ginger dynamo » 05 Oct 2016, 12:12

HalesowenHarry wrote:Weren't we 7 unbeaten before last night?

Anyway, the happy four, who do you want next?
They were unbeaten in eight before last night so it was always going to be a tight game. It could be worse we could be in Sutton Coldfields shoes!

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 05 Oct 2016, 12:13

yeltz85 wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote: You say about the money in your post, and you are right. But maybe the 2nd and 3rd qualifying round is as far as this management can take it, we haven't got any proof they can take it further because they haven't taken us beyond qualifying since they arrived. Maybe that's their level. On the one hand people say we want a cup run, and then on the other say in JH we trust. I don't think we will have a cup run without a change. People have no idea whether somebody else could do a better job. But what I do know is that the football is the worst I've seen at the Grove with the odd occasional half here and there
So what you are trying to say is that sack the manager and have a cup run? Ludicrous.

Saturday they got a massive deflection for the equaliser, otherwise we would be playing Stourbr*dge at home.

http://yeltzarchives.com/index.php?opti ... y&catid=58

Based on our history, we made the First Round in 2004, prior to that 4th Qualifying in 1997. So in 20 years we have only got past the 3rd Qualifying round twice. Saying that a change in manager would get us past that point is absurd.
No it's not ludicrous. You are the one who raised the point about the money, I am saying I don't think you will get that money unless there is a change of management. And it's not just about the cup, We aren't great in the league either. This is Halesowens natural level, we should be competitive at this level and yet we got battered by teams like Blyth and Hednesford at home. Yes JH got us promoted, but it's a step below where Halesowen should be. I think that's the level of the management team and unless a change is made I don't think progress can be made. If you think differently then fine, and you have the Yeltz Family to back you up, but don't tell me my opinion is absurd

And about the history, four of those years are under JH, the years before were a mess, so you can take almost ten years off the 20 you mention
Last edited by Yeltz27 on 05 Oct 2016, 12:34, edited 2 times in total.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 05 Oct 2016, 12:19

Are we really talking about manager of the month for September here ??? Or has this thread got hijacked by Sutton supporters ;D

cripcrap
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by cripcrap » 05 Oct 2016, 12:52

am i missing something, or is raiden hiding an alex ferguson football manager record that means we should take notice of his tactical nounce

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Oct 2016, 13:33

Just to set things straight (especially you HH after that comment), my comment is merely that the football we have been playing for a long time now is poor. 1 win in 8, 1 defeat in 8, does not change that fact. We CAN play good football but seldom do, we CAN play football through our midfield but seldom do, we DO look better with 2 strikers but rarely have them. Whenever I am at games everybody seems to be saying the same thing, yet say it on here and you are made to feel like a naughty minority. If people choose to compare it with the recent past that's their choice, I'll choose to compare it to all the 25 years before that if that's the case and it pales into insignificance. I'm also the first to come on here with praise when necessary so don't give me the shit about being a moaner. The football of recent times (with exceptions admittedly) has been negative and not good to watch and in my opinion could have been a lot better with the players we have.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 05 Oct 2016, 13:38

old git wrote:Are we really talking about manager of the month for September here ??? Or has this thread got hijacked by Sutton supporters ;D
Must have been. You can never please all I suppose.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 05 Oct 2016, 13:43

andy wrote:Just to set things straight (especially you HH after that comment), my comment is merely that the football we have been playing for a long time now is poor. 1 win in 8, 1 defeat in 8, does not change that fact. We CAN play good football but seldom do, we CAN play football through our midfield but seldom do, we DO look better with 2 strikers but rarely have them. Whenever I am at games everybody seems to be saying the same thing, yet say it on here and you are made to feel like a naughty minority. If people choose to compare it with the recent past that's their choice, I'll choose to compare it to all the 25 years before that if that's the case and it pales into insignificance. I'm also the first to come on here with praise when necessary so don't give me the sh*t about being a moaner. The football of recent times (with exceptions admittedly) has been negative and not good to watch and in my opinion could have been a lot better with the players we have.
I also have given credit when it's been due to be fair. Admittedly it hasn't been often but I have done at times.

The other thing that gets me is Certain fans feeling that their voice is more important than others. You will read things like, 'those who go home and away are totally behind you', to the manager, or that they have done loads of work and are behind John Hill. Before anybody says I'm belittling the work done, I'm not, but I don't see what it's got to do with whether John Hill stays or not. I go home and away when I can, and I'm not totally behind the manager. The fact is, we, even if we moan, still pay to go in like everybody else and are entitled to voice an opinion without being ridiculed for it