Whitby away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Whitby away

Post by Poll » 30 Jan 2016, 16:43

Subs Turner and Connolly on. Two others off. Too cold to type. Still in this but need a miracle still to have a shot.

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 30 Jan 2016, 16:46

4 added mins

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 30 Jan 2016, 16:49

Lost2-1 a shame

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 30 Jan 2016, 16:53

Oh dear. Not been a great few weeks for point gathering. Cheers for updates Poll.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 30 Jan 2016, 16:54

A pity that it was a 'keeper error - these things happen.
Their radio commentary was hilarious, at times!

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 30 Jan 2016, 17:09

Back in a warm pub. Despite the gale a surprisingly good game. Shame when we'd just got back into the game the keeper went down in instalments and couldn't keep out their second.

Hopefully next year we can come here and it won't be so bloody cold and windy.

Safe journey home to everyone. Me and Kev off to drown our sorrows around the town

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 30 Jan 2016, 19:16

Please behave!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 31 Jan 2016, 09:39

It was cold and incredibly windy, just as it was last season.

In truth, Whitby played the conditions better than us. We ended up kicking with the wind in first half and at times Anderson was too isolated upfront. Parsons-Smith and Gueyes stayed wide and were too far away to support him. Every time the Whitby keeper had the ball he fed the ball wide to the full backs and they played out from there, and it took us 20/25 minutes to push forward to stop this from happening, when we did, we had the better of the second part of the half. Anderson maybe a little unlucky to to not get us a penalty with a half shout. When the ball did hold up for Whitby they created a number of chances. We also had a Melvin effort from a goalmouth scramble cleared off the line.

The second half we conceded early, Anderson was trying to hold up the ball on the half way line, their defender won it and within a few seconds they'd scored. We equalised quickly when the impressive Connolly anticipated and then intercepted a throw out by the home keeper, he fed the ball to Melvin who played in Anderson. He showed great tenacity in out battling the central defender and lifted the ball over the advancing keeper. For a moment it looked like it would hold up or get cleared as it looped off the keeper and the defender was racing back but the ball went a good couple of yards over the line to make it 1-1. Unfortunately, we conceded almost immediately. It looked a soft goal, I couldn't really see what happened in any great detail but I believe keeper Rowley made a mistake to concede. (He apologised later on twitter) Almost immediately we came close to equalising when a free kick from Griff was turned around the post by the home keeper Bland.

Again, no lack of effort by the players, but I thought we should have done better in the first half but credit to Whitby as they handled the conditions better than us. Pick of the players for me was Luke Connolly and Anderson again who worked tirelessly. We need to just grind out a result at the moment...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 31 Jan 2016, 11:25

cripcrap wrote:any subs
Sorry i was on a dodgey phone. I assume you mead did we have any. Yes

Bradley Lewis
Westood
Morrison
Turner
Forysthe.

This is just my opinion.
The lads worked hard, both teams had chances first half.
Keep it tight, try not to concede.
Anderson needs support. We either go 442 or the midlfield have to work harder and faster to support him.
Yesterday he was surrounded by two sometimes three defenders with no options.
Bringing subs on with 7 minutes to go does not give them chance to have an impact.

When we played Stourbr*dge boxing day Turner and Anderson worked well together.
Unless for injury or other reasons not sure why Turner is only picking up splinters off the bench.

We need to go for it in a few games otherwise we will not pick up another 3 points this season. Yes we may lose some trying but Anderson needs support.

ALL the players tried hard in tough conditions yesterday but some of substitutions puzzled me as well as the timing.

Little moan over and looking forward to Salford at home on Saturday, me Baltie Pasty and hopefully a couple of drinks if there is any decent ale left after the game!

whitbyfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by whitbyfan » 02 Feb 2016, 19:25

Thanks for listening into the commentary, credit to the fans who travelled all the way up from the West Midlands.