Blyth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Blyth Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 09 Jan 2016, 18:20

andy wrote:Spoke too soon. Under the cosh now. Anderson being wasted in midfield.
Anderson played in midfield? Seriously? lol!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Jan 2016, 18:23

Not a great performance overall. I thought we were neck-and-neck first half but after the break it was one-way traffic. The wind and rain wouldn't have helped in this respect but we created very little, didn't look after the ball and, ultimately, were comfortably beaten.

Gutted about Ashley having to go off. Turner looked lively after coming on but appeared off the pace second half. We're desperately short of options up top and even less fortunate with injuries too.

Blyth not the best team we've played this season but a strong outfit who were comfortable on the ball. They'll be up there at the end of the season, that's for sure.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Jan 2016, 18:24

RaidenYeltz wrote:
andy wrote:Spoke too soon. Under the cosh now. Anderson being wasted in midfield.
Anderson played in midfield? Seriously? lol!
Because of an injury to APS. Not through choice or preference but down to some bad luck and limited options on the bench.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 10 Jan 2016, 11:34

They're a good side no doubt, and I think they'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. I think they missed Danny McGuire upfront who is a handful. Robbie Dale is a cracking player for them but credit to Luke Connolly who I thought kept him quite today. Once again it seems that I'm bemoaning a referee, but I thought once again we had a poor one today. We should have had a penalty in the first half but he never even seemed to considerate it. Their penalty, I was a fair distance away to be honest but he couldn't get the whistle to his mouth quick enough to blow for what seemed a very soft penalty with a playing going down as if he'd been shot by the Old Hawne Lane sniper. I thought the ref also gave a free kick for a foul on the keeper against Bragoli from a corner and in actual fact all that happened was Brags was the one being held. It's these narrow decisions that go either for or against you that get you points.
The injury to Parsons-Smith was so unfortunate, after last week at Marine where we counter attacked with him and JMG you could see we were set up to do the same yesterday. They then linked up brilliantly with Anderson, when Anderson had to move to the right we lost our counter attacking threat somewhat and I felt sub Turner was a little isolated at times.
Credit to our lads, they had good spells of play at times but we kept ourselves in the game and had the shot that hit the bar dropped in we'd have earned a deserved draw. That's football I suppose... see you at Ilkeston.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 10 Jan 2016, 14:02

Yeltz TV

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 10 Jan 2016, 18:50

Johnny Bud wrote:Losing 1.0 Robbie Dale Penalty

Blatant pen before anyone blames the ref!
Would you reconsider now the video footage is out?

In real time on the side half way line pouring down i did not think a penalty.
Having seen the footage I blame the ref. I can not see contact. Blythe player as he goes down looks to the ref.

I think the team did well and as earlier said unfortunate that Parsons-Smith who has had a positive impact the previous one half games he played went off injure. JH had no choice to bring Turner on and put him up front but unfortunately that meant Anderson was not able to be in the attacking positions required at time. A draw would have been a fair result.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 10 Jan 2016, 21:33

I was down the other end, getting soaked, but I had a good line of sight on the penalty incident and it looked clear cut from where I was. You could see a pull on the attacker. The ref was ropey and made a few other odd calls, but this wasn't one of them (IMO).

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 11 Jan 2016, 07:05

It certainly looked clear cut from where I was standing and everyone around me seemed to agree!

If refs in the Prem get so much wrong, why do we expect refs 6 levels below to get everything right?

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 11 Jan 2016, 12:46

Johnny Bud wrote:It certainly looked clear cut from where I was standing and everyone around me seemed to agree!

If refs in the Prem get so much wrong, why do we expect refs 6 levels below to get everything right?
I agree. Looked like a penalty; and in any case the referee certainly doesn't have the benefit of YeltzTV and video replays to pore over in making a decision.