Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Home League Game

Post by DanielRolinson » 28 Dec 2015, 20:47

Yeltz TV

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 28 Dec 2015, 22:28

All good comments so far, have to agree with the points already made. Only point I will add is to say that two games in three days can't be easy, so to come out firing second half was really impressive. Superb to see Parsons-Smith back. I thought he was our best player in pre-season and we saw signs of that today, although it may well take him some game time to get that sharpness back. A good result, especially given the poor first half.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 28 Dec 2015, 23:58

The difference between the two halves couldn't have been more different, yes there was a change in formation and a couple of players taken off but the whole attitude and tempo couldn't have been more different. First half I thought we didn't press the ball, we were off the pace, we barely made a tackle and the movement at times was almost non existent. Anderson up front looked sharp but completely isolated. The second half was the polar opposite, we made tackles, we pressed the play, forced mistakes and played with another gear. It was noticeable that JH got the players out early in the second half and whatever he and MC said to them it worked.
It was bloody typical that Isedyn scored again against us but we created chances, and pleasingly we finished the stronger. Nice to see Ashley Parsons-Smith back in the team, the lad deserved his chance after coming to watch every home game since being injured (a few away too). He did well and I look forward to him linking up with Turner and Anderson in the coming games.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

offmehead
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by offmehead » 29 Dec 2015, 13:42

Rob Yeltz`s comments sum it up nicely. for me..
Full marks to the management duo for taking prompt action to change things at half time I think most supporters would have been pleased to see the particular changes as both departing players were not on their game. JMG could also have been a candidate, but thankfully he was kept on and came good again in the second half working well with Ashley P-S.
When we pressed Sutton as a Team, they were having the problems we had in the first half. I look forward to seeing that commitment in future games. Hopefully we have Kaiman Anderson for as long as we had Hales and Refell.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 30 Dec 2015, 14:49

offmehead wrote: JMG could also have been a candidate, but thankfully he was kept on and came good again in the second half working well .
Unfortunately for a club at our level we have had some injury problems from before the season started Ashley Parsons-Smith.

Aaron Daniels seems to play for three or four games and then out for twice as many.

JMG the improvement came second half as he was playing from midfield, he is not a right back or wing back as his defending majority of time is not good enough.

I liked the fact that the players who stayed on the pitch all upped their tempo and tackling, saw Jay Denny tackle one of Sutton Defenders just outside the box of Sutton good to see. Pressure and intense unnerved Sutton.

I did wonder first half had the "big derby" only two days before taken it's toll.

Lets hope the weather continues to hold with no games called off (unless your Stourbr*dge of course ;) ) and that the players we have do not pick up knocks. Good to see Luke back in action again as I thought he had grown into his role.