Sutton Home League Game

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Home League Game

Post by dalevillain » 28 Dec 2015, 16:24

Much better this half, much more positive. The substitutions and change of formation have certainly helped!

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Dec 2015, 16:28

Losing 2.1

Ivan Christie!! And yes I do know his real first name..

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 28 Dec 2015, 16:33

Typical....I just jinxed us!!

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Dec 2015, 16:46

MOTM: Anderson

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Dec 2015, 16:47

2.2 Anderson

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Dec 2015, 16:53

Full time: 2.2

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 28 Dec 2015, 17:28

Thought we were generally very good in the 2nd half. Two good goals and some reasonable pace on occasions. The two substitutions at half time seemed to change the game. If we could play like that more often, it would certainly begin to change my mind as it was pretty entertaining

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Dec 2015, 17:37

For the first half, copy and paste all the negative posts I've made this year, here. We were woefully poor. I can't be bothered to type it.

For 20 mins or so after half time we looked good. Changed from 352 (why we're persisting with this formation, I don't know. It doesn't work with this group of players) to 4-5-1 and brought on Parsons-Smith (who looked good on his return.)

4-5-1 suited us much better. I hope to see this or a variation of 4-5-1 (4-3-3 perhaps) in future.

We had good width, provided by griff & Gueyes on the left and Connelly & Parsons-Smith on the right. We got the ball out wide and created chances. Anderson is a bloody good forward who will trouble defenders if utilised correctly.

Credit to John and management for changing it!

Thought once Christie came on they came into the game more. He just buys fouls and takes off pressure. That's invaluable. Once they scored their second we went into our shell and reverted to the rubbish we saw first half.

But we showed good character to pull out a late equaliser with a well worked goal (Gueyes involved, again) and a good finish by Anderson

All in all it was a poor display first half and a short period after we conceded but I'm encouraged by the way we played when we changed formation.

I'd like to ask;

Why can't we play like we did early second half from the outset? Why not set up like that to begin with, rather than play poor with a formation that doesn't work from the start?

Frustrating.

OmmerUmYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OmmerUmYeltz » 28 Dec 2015, 18:39

Frustrating indeed. Starting team selection totally lacked ambition again, so many defensive players they were getting in each other's way, no real help to the forwards and we should have been 2 or 3 down by HT. total change around 2nd half, JMG now in midfield starts causing havoc, Connolly And Ashley stretching them on the other side and all of a sudden Anderson (impressive again) and Danny B have space in the middle and create chances. Another 2pts dropped though, and our next 6 games look pretty scary, if budgets are maintained then I think we'll not get sucked into the relegation struggle, but there are worrying rumours on that.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Dec 2015, 19:10

OmmerUmYeltz wrote:Frustrating indeed. Starting team selection totally lacked ambition again, so many defensive players they were getting in each other's way, no real help to the forwards and we should have been 2 or 3 down by HT. total change around 2nd half, JMG now in midfield starts causing havoc, Connolly And Ashley stretching them on the other side and all of a sudden Anderson (impressive again) and Danny B have space in the middle and create chances. Another 2pts dropped though, and our next 6 games look pretty scary, if budgets are maintained then I think we'll not get sucked into the relegation struggle, but there are worrying rumours on that.
We're not out the relegation picture. With on going cuts it could be a nervous end to the year.

I think we've got enough on the board to survive. Just.