Yeltz Forum Member

Re: That Lot Up The Road

Post by DanielRolinson » 26 Dec 2015, 19:24

Yeltz TV

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 26 Dec 2015, 19:46

Definite red for me. Good footage by the way Dan !

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 26 Dec 2015, 20:25

Whatever way you look at it, it's a truly, truly awful decision. Whether it's deliberate handball or denying a goal scoring opportunity, it's a red!

But, we still took the least twice and lost. There were positives (again) today but we have some very hard fixtures coming up. I agree we have a couple of passengers on the pitch... But at least we look like scoring with the two new boys upfront.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Dec 2015, 21:49

I'm sulking tonight. The footage makes it clear cut- it was a red- and the lino would have had an even better view. I'm sick of the refs avoiding the right decision in favour of the safe decision.

It's gutting to lose but I don't think the lads played badly. I said Griff had a ropey game a few weeks back but he played really well today. The front two were very lively. Deserved a draw at the least, perhaps more if the ref would have done the right thing.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 26 Dec 2015, 21:59

Don't normally slate officials but that was the poorest decision I've seen in a long time and it could have changed the outcome significantly.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 26 Dec 2015, 23:03

We did not deserve to lose.

Who knows what would have happened with the two front players against number 2 keeper and 10 men for so long?

Solly rightly said it was not his fault the ref did not send him off. What was not excusable was the karate type kick towards an advancing Anderson, fortunately it did not make contact but the intention was there to hurt him.

At least the weather was better than last year.

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 26 Dec 2015, 23:52

JohnC wrote:We did not deserve to lose.

Who knows what would have happened with the two front players against number 2 keeper and 10 men for so long?

Solly rightly said it was not his fault the ref did not send him off. What was not excusable was the karate type kick towards an advancing Anderson, fortunately it did not make contact but the intention was there to hurt him.

At least the weather was better than last year.

Unfortunately John I couldn't find this to put into the highlights, think I was a bit too far away, or it didn't really stand out on the angles we had.

We do however, have an almost 15 minute bumper video - many, many chances, controversial decisions and 5 goals. What's not to look forward to ;)
Yeltz TV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 27 Dec 2015, 00:33

Not much between the sides at all on the day, the downside to us today was I thought at times we didn't defend well enough for the goals, their second equaliser in particular (from the other end of the pitch) looked way too easy.
Decisions by officials in close games can make the difference and the referee and linesman bottled the sending off completely. Blatant red card and playing them with 10 men for 85 minutes would have made a huge difference. Thought the two new lads up top looked a good combination and both took their goals well, I look forward to seeing them gel further.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 27 Dec 2015, 08:56

Yeltz TV

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 27 Dec 2015, 09:56

I couldn't make the game due to 'other' commitments but I had a mate who is a Stour fan texting me giving me updates throughout the day and I was constantly checking my phone as well. Sounded like I missed a cracker of a game despite the result and just watching back the highlights on Yeltz TV confirms that.

Definite red card for their keeper for the handball outside the area no question about that and seems like we're all in agreement on that. However at the end of the day it wasn't given by the ref so we have to respect that.

Looks like we gave away some soft goals, particularly their 2nd and 3rd goals and it was also a shame having taken the lead twice we couldn't hold onto the lead long enough both times as we were almost instantly pegged back so that was disappointing.

However from what I have seen/read and heard it seems like there was plenty of effort and commitment shown by the players, maybe they came up a little bit short against (begrudgingly to say) better opposition however hopefully that performance can give us confidence to take forward!

See you Monday! Up the Yeltz!