Frickley Home

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Frickley Home

Post by RobYeltz » 20 Dec 2015, 00:53

A game we should have won but didn't. For their goal when the referee played an advantage we seemed to stop and they finished neatly with their only real opportunity. Their keeper made a two great saves, one right at the end and the finger tip save over the bar in the first half. Thought the young lad who came on up front looked neat and tidy, I quite liked the big fella who came on too up front and his strength could well be something a little different to what we've had recently. If we give them time and don't judge them on little more than half a game then all being well they'll come good.

Agree about JMG, I thought he did well and his cross was brilliant for Waites goal, if we can see more of that type of end product more than once a game he could be a useful attacking threat, however he does need to be more careful defensively, he gave away a couple of silly cheap free kick and gave Jay Denny a suicide ball off a throw in throwing the ball backwards. Waite I thought did well, and deserved his goal today. Morrison, Asa and Bradley Lewis were great again and with Joe Hull in that department on the bench we look well blessed.

All in all a reasonable performance I thought that might have been made easier if they'd have finished the game with 10 men, I think some referees would have sent him off - this one didn't - I can see the argument for and against it but thought he was the poorest/weakest referee we hae had all season.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 20 Dec 2015, 12:02

Who was MotM, I've heard Lewis or Asa?
Yeltz TV

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 20 Dec 2015, 12:08

Asa was man of the match again.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 20 Dec 2015, 12:09

DanielRolinson wrote:Who was MotM, I've heard Lewis or Asa?
Asa was MOTM - I should know, I helped present the award! ;)

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 20 Dec 2015, 12:14

Cheers both.

Apologies in the delay in the video upload, it's currently exporting and should be up around 1 (ish)
Yeltz TV

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 20 Dec 2015, 13:54

Yeltz TV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 20 Dec 2015, 19:51

Having seen the highlights back I was probably being a little harsh on our lads with their goal when I said we seemed to stop, it was a good finish and run to be fair. Great highlights again lads, well done on your continued progress.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 21 Dec 2015, 21:13

Just what is it with us and drawing 1-1?! Looking back at the highlights we should have been out of sight with the amount of chances we created.

Having said that we didn't test the keeper often enough really and as others have said after taking the lead we didn't see the game out or go for the 2nd goal and then inevitably ending up getting punished towards the end.

However overall it was one of the more positive performances I've seen down the Grove from us this season, as there have been some very poor performances and games.

Would have been nice to go into the Boxing Day derby with a win under our belts to give us a bit of momentum. However derby games can go any way on the day! Let's hope it goes our way, should be a cracker, shame I'm missing it!