Grantham Away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Grantham Away

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 Dec 2015, 17:16

RobYeltz wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:Here beginneth the Sunday stir-up! Amen.
Available soon in the club shop. Your very own wooden spoon. We can have any picture or words added. Forum names are optional.

Get in touch and we'll give you a price!
normal_personalised-child-s-wooden-spoon.jpg
Can we buy Villa themed wooden spoons? I'd like to buy one for Dale and a few other Villa fans I know! ;)

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Dec 2015, 18:02

RaidenYeltz wrote:I seriously don't get the seeming dislike for debate on here. It's a forum, after all?
The debate idea is fine - it's the same churning out of "hoofball", "lack of fitness" and "not worth ten quid" that's boring!
If yo dowent loike it - stay away. Trauma and disappointment over. Merry Christmas!

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 13 Dec 2015, 18:05

Yeltz27 wrote: Also, we've known for weeks that the two players would be leaving. So for people to be saying we will be in a mess without them shows how little foresight and planning there has been. It's not as though they suffered injuries for example that we didn't know about. It's farcical
It has been said a couple of times before John and Matt work hard in the background trying to bring players in and there are many factors perhaps as to why they choose not to come to Halesowen :-

Money and benefits

It is the same in all walks of life. You just don't snap your fingers and things happen.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Dec 2015, 18:07

lutleyyeltz wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:I seriously don't get the seeming dislike for debate on here. It's a forum, after all?
The debate idea is fine - it's the same churning out of "hoofball", "lack of fitness" and "not worth ten quid" that's boring!
If yo dowent loike it - stay away. Trauma and disappointment over. Merry Christmas!
What, and keep hearing "In John Hill we trust" or "He's the best manager we've had in 20 years" isn't boring?

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 13 Dec 2015, 18:13

RaidenYeltz wrote: This is a Grantham side who have just lost to Rushall 4-0 and were lower than us in the league. It was nothing short of a poor result and poor performance. No matter how you dress it up.

What's our league record this calendar year? Anyone care to take the time to draw up the stats of 2015? I know the season doesn't take place in a calendar year and thus stats are skewed but it'd be interesting nonetheless. I suspect it won't make good reading.
Grantham had won their previous 3 league games and should have been 3-1 up first half at Rushall had they took their chances.

We lose after 8 league games without a defeat disappointing I agree.

Stats do yourself you lazy git. ;)

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Dec 2015, 18:21

Yeltz27 wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:
What, and keep hearing "In John Hill we trust" or "He's the best manager we've had in 20 years" isn't boring?
I'm neither supporting, or criticising, anyone on the managerial staff - I'm just fed up of reading the same comments as outlined in my original post.
That's what bores me.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Dec 2015, 18:30

lutleyyeltz wrote: I'm neither supporting, or criticising, anyone on the managerial staff - I'm just fed up of reading the same comments as outlined in my original post.
That's what bores me.
But if you are so neutral, why do our only pick the negative comments as examples of things that bore you?

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Dec 2015, 18:33

I've had my say. I'm bored now. Carry on good sir.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Dec 2015, 18:38

lutleyyeltz wrote:I've had my say. I'm bored now. Carry on good sir.
Its just the same old garbage, so you are just as responsible as those that supposedly bore you. Why not answer the question instead of trying to be clever? It's a perfectly valid question as well by the way

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 13 Dec 2015, 19:52

Have you been to meet John Hill yet?