Grantham Away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Grantham Away

Post by Yeltz27 » 12 Dec 2015, 23:14

Apparently, the only promising thing was the performance of JMG. I have been told that other than that, that it was dire. I think Raidens 17th/18th position prediction is probably more likely to happen than people are willing to accept

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 13 Dec 2015, 01:40

They had more possession of the ball than us throughout the 90 minutes, and more territorial advantage but created no more or less than us, the difference was they didn't gift two goals and we did. Sadly today in the two last thirds of the pitch they didn't make mistakes and we did. For the record i'm not excusing the weather conditions, and have been disappointed that in the last three games when it has been in our favour we've not made the most of it and I've thought the game management could have been better.
As for picking the best Yeltz player today I think it's hard to pick anyone as nobody really stood out.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 13 Dec 2015, 10:39

Yeltz TV

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 13 Dec 2015, 11:19

Thanks to Yeltz TV i saw more of the game than yesterday.

Interesting their second goal came from hoof ball!

Then a hoof ball from us if Waite had headed it down to Aaron instead of over, who knows.

Ifs and buts.

If JM Gueyes had been inside the upright and not hit it the post could it have been different?

Both teams hit the woodwork. Two errors (not blaming players, it happens) and two goals for them.
Grantham had more possession but Yeltz gave them two early Christmas presents.

With the loss of two key players it was always going to be hard. I think we played 4 5 1 to start.
However, the midfield will have to work a lot harder and support the loan striker.
When we attacked first half the midfield did not get up enough into the keepers box to support and give options.

I can not comment on many individual performances because it was hard at that distance and poor lighting in your face on stand second half to tell the midfield in particular who was who. Asa (other than the second goal) to me would have been our man of the match.

Glad we don't have to go to Grantham for a midweek game. Nice people, just the athletics track ruins it. Although I know Yeltz TV like their vantage point.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 13 Dec 2015, 11:30

RobYeltz wrote:They had more possession of the ball than us throughout the 90 minutes, and more territorial advantage but created no more or less than us, the difference was they didn't gift two goals and we did. Sadly today in the two last thirds of the pitch they didn't make mistakes and we did. For the record i'm not excusing the weather conditions, and have been disappointed that in the last three games when it has been in our favour we've not made the most of it and I've thought the game management could have been better.
As for picking the best Yeltz player today I think it's hard to pick anyone as nobody really stood out.
I think you're right about game management. The players knew what the conditions were like but didn't seem to adapt. I thought Asa did well apart from the uncharacteristic mistake but like you say nobody really impressed. Hales and Refell will definitely be missed if yesterday is anything to go by.

Nice facilities there and places of interest around the town and nearby.

The officials probably also like going there as they are kept away from the crowd.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 13 Dec 2015, 11:57

Cheers for the highlights. There were probably more chances for us than I had expected, from the comments, but a disappointing result with seemingly few positives.

I'm not expecting us to finish any higher than 17th/18th, for the record. I've said many times that I'll take 20th place this year, and I'd have bitten your hand off for that following the Mickleover or Sutton away games. But we've actually just had our first league loss since the middle of October, so not quite crisis point.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Dec 2015, 12:07

There are always so many contradictions. On the one hand we are told John Hill is the best manager we've had in twenty years. And then we are told that the target is 52 points in the Halesowen News and people on here would be happy with 20th. Well if we've got the best manager we've had in 20 years, they are pretty low ambitions aren't they?

Also, we've known for weeks that the two players would be leaving. So for people to be saying we will be in a mess without them shows how little foresight and planning there has been. It's not as though they suffered injuries for example that we didn't know about. It's farcical
Last edited by Yeltz27 on 13 Dec 2015, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Dec 2015, 12:09

Here beginneth the Sunday stir-up! Amen.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 13 Dec 2015, 12:37

lutleyyeltz wrote:Here beginneth the Sunday stir-up! Amen.
Available soon in the club shop. Your very own wooden spoon. We can have any picture or words added. Forum names are optional.

Get in touch and we'll give you a price!
normal_personalised-child-s-wooden-spoon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 Dec 2015, 17:12

I seriously don't get the seeming dislike for debate on here. It's a forum, after all?

It'd be a boring place if ever time someone posted a point of view it was A) positive and B) everyone replied 'I agree'.

I thought Gueyes was the best of a bad bunch yesterday, so whoeve told Yeltz 27 that, was about right. It's great to see him take players on and produce some form of end product. I'd love to see more of that from him.

This is a Grantham side who have just lost to Rushall 4-0 and were lower than us in the league. It was nothing short of a poor result and poor performance. No matter how you dress it up.

What's our league record this calendar year? Anyone care to take the time to draw up the stats of 2015? I know the season doesn't take place in a calendar year and thus stats are skewed but it'd be interesting nonetheless. I suspect it won't make good reading.