Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Grantham Away

Post by juanillo » 12 Dec 2015, 16:48

2 0 ..mistake by Asa unfortunately

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 12 Dec 2015, 16:52

Lost 2-0 will await comments from those who attended!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 12 Dec 2015, 19:19

First half poor, strong wind behind us, JMG hit the post that was about it. I thought we had too many players sat on the half way line or centre circle marking 1/2 players. Daniels was far too isolated, their keeper had little to do. In fact the ball boys fetching the ball from across the running track and beyond did more running. A balls up for the goal with the young keeper dropping a clanger.

Second half we went 3-5-2 and did better kicking into the wind, Daniels went close but again we created little else this time a little more excusable as we struggled to get the ball forward despite the introduction of Waite. Then, yet another balls up for their second goal.

Summing up; Very poor first half where we didn't really threaten enough, second half better but on the whole a game to forget in awful windy conditions for what is now the third game on the trot where the weather has done little to help the game. I just wish that teams we were playing were as generous in gifting goals as we are. Again, can't knock the efforts of the players but we're in desperate need for a big strapping centre forward who can knock a few central defenders about.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 12 Dec 2015, 19:31

Terrible playing conditions with the wind and rain, but it was the same for both teams of course. Overall we didn't play well.

They weren't much better adapting to the conditions, but I thought they looked more lively and were generally the better team although whether they'd have won without the 2 mistakes, I'm not sure.

However we certainly never looked like winning and we only threatened very sporadically. I don't think we really improved in the 2nd half.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 12 Dec 2015, 19:56

It was a massive error from our stand in keeper that cost us the first goal. But ultimately you have to look at the ten infront of him today. They didn't do enough to earn a point and we deservedly lost.

For me Daniels was far too isolated. Most of the time, there was no one was within 40 yards of him. Where is the support form midfield? Why aren't people running off him? Either looking for a pass or creating space for him?

Far too many long balls again, there was a strong wind, why play the ball in the air?

The tactics and selections seem completely wrong at the moment, for me.

If we're going to persist with this hoof ball, then can we not play Joe Hull up top? Let's at least make it effective. I rate Daniels, but he's never going to win a header. And even if he does, where are the anonymous midfield to contest the flick ons and 50/50's?

Other than JMG hitting the post, a Griff free kick and a good Daniels effort we offered nothing.

There isn't a goal in this side. We could still be playing now and we would fail to score. (I doubt we'd offer a shot in anger, too).

The slippery slide towards 17th / 18th, begins. That's about our level, this season.

Disappointing. Again. It's the same old same old bore fest.

But then again, it was windy. So let's use that as an excuse. I mean this is England. We never suffer adverse weather here and the players have never played in a bit of wind or rain before.