Hyde and bleak

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Hyde and bleak

Post by andy » 05 Dec 2015, 18:14

If playing Joe up front makes that much of a difference, I'd start him there every week.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Dec 2015, 18:24

andy wrote:If playing Joe up front makes that much of a difference, I'd start him there every week.
Agreed. But isn't that very statement a worrying sign?

The most threatening we've looked all season comes when we lump the ball forward to Joe Hull (whom I rate highly, so no disrespect to him). I feel questions need to be asked.

Not least of all, is that what we're limited to in December? If so, that's very worrying.

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 05 Dec 2015, 18:47

How does this look to everyone?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yeltz TV

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Dec 2015, 19:21

DanielRolinson wrote:How does this look to everyone?
Take Deny out. He weren't playing.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Dec 2015, 22:20

Hyde are a decent side and were unlucky not to be ahead at half time. I thought kicking into the gale to be 0-0 at half time we did well, albeit with a degree of fortune after they hit the bar and post and keeper Rowley made a couple of mistakes. Second half I thought we didn't impose ourselves on the game as much as we should until we scored. I was disappointed that Rowley was kept so busy and Asa had to be at his best again at the heart of our defence. I thought Keyon was a little lost on the left at times and we struggled to get the ball to him, in hinsight he might have been better suited to playing on the right in the second half where the ball seemed to naturally drift a little more. With Daniels and Waite missing and Hales playing further forward than normal it didn't help our attacking intent at times, i thought we missed Hales' drive from deeper so playing Hull up top was really the only option when it came to change. I'm not sure what JH was meant to do with two strikers out as I don't know a club in this level of football that can keep 4 strikers happy.
Injuries and the weather didn't help our battle for three points today and there is much room for improvement without doubt, however some of the reaction on social media and on here once again makes me question what some people expect to be seeing in such conditions and at the seventh tier of football in this country. Despite the lack of three points we might have nicked the game today albeit undeserved. Despite the games we have over other teams and the position we're in we're a solid enough mid table team. It takes time to move on from that position. We aren't ready to be beating some of the better teams in this league yet so we have to be organised and patient in a squad that seems to be changing every week.

As an aside, I thought Summerfield did well again today and thought Melvin had a decent debut in difficult conditions. MOM for me would have been the keeper Rowley who was excellent. I hope he isn't kept so busy in the next few weeks....
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 05 Dec 2015, 22:37

When our keeper is kept so busy it is indicative of a poor display. If Hyde looked decent then I feel that was down in no small part to us. They've been on a pretty wretched run of form of late so whilst we kept up the unbeaten league run it was disappointing.

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 05 Dec 2015, 23:30

Yeltz TV

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 06 Dec 2015, 12:26

My brother in law came up from Kent for the weekend and wanted to see the Yeltz, as I had told him what a great afternoon could be had at The Grove.
As a Spurs fan ( he's not Jewish, by the way) and having never been to a non-league game before he was impressed with the setup and the quality of the players, despite the dreadful conditions. He was made very welcome and thoroughly enjoyed the banter and saw why I enjoy my Saturday's at the Grove.
I agree with Rob that - and it's been said many times before - expectations have to be aligned to the reality of the level of football that we play at.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 06 Dec 2015, 12:38

lutleyyeltz wrote:My brother in law came up from Kent for the weekend and wanted to see the Yeltz, as I had told him what a great afternoon could be had at The Grove.
As a Spurs fan ( he's not Jewish, by the way) and having never been to a non-league game before he was impressed with the setup and the quality of the players, despite the dreadful conditions. He was made very welcome and thoroughly enjoyed the banter and saw why I enjoy my Saturday's at the Grove.
I agree with Rob that - and it's been said many times before - expectations have to be aligned to the reality of the level of football that we play at.
Nobody expects the football to be wonderful, I'm not sure anybody has ever actually said that and it's a distortion of what has been said. So what aligning needs to be done i am not sure. Are Hyde one of the bigger teams at this level that we shouldn't be expecting to beat? Are they a decent side? If you look at their recent results it suggests that it certainly isn't the case.

People don't like what I say, or what Raiden says, but at the same time it is irritating keep reading every team we don't beat is decent or have a bigger budget

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 06 Dec 2015, 12:51

Yeltz27 wrote: People don't like what I say, or what Raiden says, but at the same time it is irritating keep reading every team we don't beat is decent or have a bigger budget
What did he say about the budget?