Hyde and bleak

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Hyde and bleak

Post by Steve Glass » 08 Dec 2015, 08:45

Yes John and if Raidens theory on the weather is correct, shouldn't he be congratulating whoever did such a great job starching the corner flags and spinning them round the whole game? The way they stayed horizontal and kept pointing in different directions was entertaining - noticed by all those sheltering behind the walls or in the Harry Rudge stand, instead of in their usual vantage points. Maybe they had trouble with their beer and bovril too. Lets all stand behind Raiden next time - there is a micro climate in Halesowen you know.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Dec 2015, 09:52

Steve Glass wrote:Yes John and if Raidens theory on the weather is correct, shouldn't he be congratulating whoever did such a great job starching the corner flags and spinning them round the whole game? The way they stayed horizontal and kept pointing in different directions was entertaining - noticed by all those sheltering behind the walls or in the Harry Rudge stand, instead of in their usual vantage points. Maybe they had trouble with their beer and bovril too. Lets all stand behind Raiden next time - there is a micro climate in Halesowen you know.
Why do all of your posts always have such a sarcastic tone? Is it really necessary?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 08 Dec 2015, 13:27

Steve Glass wrote:Yes John and if Raidens theory on the weather is correct, shouldn't he be congratulating whoever did such a great job starching the corner flags and spinning them round the whole game? The way they stayed horizontal and kept pointing in different directions was entertaining - noticed by all those sheltering behind the walls or in the Harry Rudge stand, instead of in their usual vantage points. Maybe they had trouble with their beer and bovril too. Lets all stand behind Raiden next time - there is a micro climate in Halesowen you know.
I don't think the conditions were 'that' bad. They weren't perfect, don't get me wrong.
Also, both teams play in the conditions, not just Halesowen Town. I thought Hyde adapted well to the wind and created far more and better chances than us for 75 minutes of the game.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Dec 2015, 13:43

RaidenYeltz wrote:
I don't think the conditions were 'that' bad. They weren't perfect, don't get me wrong.
Also, both teams play in the conditions, not just Halesowen Town. I thought Hyde adapted well to the wind and created far more and better chances than us for 75 minutes of the game.
Raiden, was it long ball again on Saturday? If it was, and I know how strong the winds were driving down the motorway to Woking, then it only goes to prove that we only ever play one way. Obviously people will say I'm wrong, or choose to ignore it, but they are the last conditions you would want to be playing high balls in surely? But as always there's an excuse, this time the weather, which like Raiden and the non league paper point out, didn't seem to affect Hyde too badly