Ramsbottom Home

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ramsbottom Home

Post by Yeltz27 » 23 Nov 2015, 12:27

yeltz85 wrote:I think we could guess all day at how big/small team's budgets are. I do know from talking to various folks that apparently ours is one of the lowest, will never know for sure though.

Most teams in the league appear to have owners/chairman that put money in etc and invest in the infrastructure/organisation of the football clubs.

I suppose the question comes as to where do we move forwards? If we want to push for promotion etc we need more money/investment, where does that come from? But if we are to be self sufficient then it looks like it will be mid/lower end of the table which is probably the level we are at.
So apparently we have a lower budget and we won't know for sure. This isn't a dig Guesty, just using that because that is what I think, nobody knows! To me it just feels like a convenient excuse. We lose to a team, let's blame the budget. We play dreadful football, let's just blame the budget. Isaac Cooper leaves, "they've got a bigger budget". It's never ending

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Nov 2015, 13:24

I don't understand all this chat about whose got the biggest budgie. Surely you would just buy a bigger cage.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 23 Nov 2015, 13:35

Yeltz27 wrote:
yeltz85 wrote:I think we could guess all day at how big/small team's budgets are. I do know from talking to various folks that apparently ours is one of the lowest, will never know for sure though.

Most teams in the league appear to have owners/chairman that put money in etc and invest in the infrastructure/organisation of the football clubs.

I suppose the question comes as to where do we move forwards? If we want to push for promotion etc we need more money/investment, where does that come from? But if we are to be self sufficient then it looks like it will be mid/lower end of the table which is probably the level we are at.
So apparently we have a lower budget and we won't know for sure. This isn't a dig Guesty, just using that because that is what I think, nobody knows! To me it just feels like a convenient excuse. We lose to a team, let's blame the budget. We play dreadful football, let's just blame the budget. Isaac Cooper leaves, "they've got a bigger budget". It's never ending
Why don't you attend a game? Speak to John Hill / Steve Lynch if you like and ask a few questions.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 23 Nov 2015, 14:43

andy wrote:I don't understand all this chat about whose got the biggest budgie. Surely you would just buy a bigger cage.
My bird is bigger than your bird.............

We could do with Chris Jay back in goal...........

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 23 Nov 2015, 16:11

yeltz85 wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:

Why don't you attend a game? Speak to John Hill / Steve Lynch if you like and ask a few questions.
I always do go when I'm here. So I don't get why I'd be asked why don't I attend a game. To be honest I don't really care what the budget is, I'm just sick to death of it always being used as an excuse or means we aren't allowed to be critical

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 23 Nov 2015, 17:28

The thoughts of the Ramsbottom manager on Saturdays match can be heard by clicking on the link in this article.
http://www.rammyunited.co.uk/index.php/ ... -interview

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 23 Nov 2015, 18:18

piearce9 wrote:It's less to do with crowds and more to do with how many old boys (or young, for that matter) have their chequebooks open in the boardroom.

Salford are an obvious example but look at someone like Barwell who have v.small crowds but somehow pay the wages to attract good players locally. Someone at that club is writing blank chequers, I'm sure of it.

I was going to write this earlier in the thread but Rammy were going places last season until Salford pinched their managers, who in turn took the best players away from them. The keeper Shenton is about the only player that stayed. Now, as Raiden is keen to point out, they're rock bottom. Money talks.
Nail on head sir! When you consider they don't even have a bar in the ground and rely on the pub next door it says all you need to know!

Sutton is another club with small crowds who seemingly spend more than us, I assume they generate income from the hire of the pitch to Romulus, Aston Villa ladies and various other clubs. They also have a decent sized social club that runs activities every day and night with a large size function room. The Grove sadly doesn't generate income for the club other than on match day. When you consider the many other renowned drinking establishments within a 'hoof' of the ground you can see the issue.

Until the people or businesses of Halesowen are prepared to put the money into the club things aren't likely to change. From a personal point of view I was really pleased that supporters got involved with and completed work on the ground in the summer. By using the expertise and enthusiasm of supporters it saved the club a good few quid too...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 23 Nov 2015, 19:04

RobYeltz wrote:
piearce9 wrote:It's less to do with crowds and more to do with how many old boys (or young, for that matter) have their chequebooks open in the boardroom.

Salford are an obvious example but look at someone like Barwell who have v.small crowds but somehow pay the wages to attract good players locally. Someone at that club is writing blank chequers, I'm sure of it.

I was going to write this earlier in the thread but Rammy were going places last season until Salford pinched their managers, who in turn took the best players away from them. The keeper Shenton is about the only player that stayed. Now, as Raiden is keen to point out, they're rock bottom. Money talks.
Nail on head sir! When you consider they don't even have a bar in the ground and rely on the pub next door it says all you need to know!

Sutton is another club with small crowds who seemingly spend more than us, I assume they generate income from the hire of the pitch to Romulus, Aston Villa ladies and various other clubs. They also have a decent sized social club that runs activities every day and night with a large size function room. The Grove sadly doesn't generate income for the club other than on match day. When you consider the many other renowned drinking establishments within a 'hoof' of the ground you can see the issue.

Until the people or businesses of Halesowen are prepared to put the money into the club things aren't likely to change. From a personal point of view I was really pleased that supporters got involved with and completed work on the ground in the summer. By using the expertise and enthusiasm of supporters it saved the club a good few quid too...
Two reasonable posts and you can't argue with that. The next question I'd ask would be;

If these clubs attract investment, then why can't we? It's not as if we're stuck in the middle of nowhere. We're not exactly a 'small club' relative to the current level, either. Surely history and potential wise we're right up there - non league wise!

I find the whole scenario frustrating. I'm obviously bias but this is a great club and surely more attractive than most to investors!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 23 Nov 2015, 19:09

Maybe it is do to with businesses being put off from an era not so long ago, which did the damage, unfortunately mud sticks and it could take the club a fair few years to get over it still. This is why the folk that love the club need to do what they can to help it.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Nov 2015, 19:32

The answer to our problem
Cody takes a stroll down Yonge Street_ John(Lower Left) readies his ___.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.