Ramsbottom Home

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
mrc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ramsbottom Home

Post by mrc » 22 Nov 2015, 20:22

The question regarding budgets is an interesting one. With better than average crowds and our own bar I would have thought we would have had a fairly competitive budget within this league (with the obvious exceptions). Do all of the clubs named have better facilities generating income or owners providing additional financial support?

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 22 Nov 2015, 20:27

juanillo wrote:
HurstGreenHTFC wrote: We have one of the lowest playing budgets in the league. Thats a fact.... Are supporters expectations to be up there with the likes of Blyth, Salford, Darlington, Nantwich (what do you think their playing budgets are !!)
There have been some great posts here. For a step 3 non-league club to get so many fans posting is testament to the level of engagement.

I reckon people look forward to a weekend of Robyeltz, Raiden, Andy and even yeltz27 to name but a few! Much better that way than anodyne posts about the result or the officials etc.

Personally, I've always been intrigued about the budgets (as above). Despite the challenge offered here, I can't begin to guess what other clubs' budgets are.

All I've learned indirectly this season and last season that Salford (obviously), Darlington (helped by big crowds), S*******dge, Nantwich, Barwell, Workington, Ilkeston, Ashton, Sutton, Rushall, Colwyn Bay, Buxton, Skelmersdale, Stamford and maybe others all have or have had bigger budgets.

Anyway, if the information is seemingly out there, I think the fans could be shown a budget table, or a relative one at least, as it would help to set expectations accordingly.
Absolutely spot on. Nothing worse than apathy. I only hope JH doesn't take great store in either the negativity or sycophants like myself.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 23 Nov 2015, 00:35

mrc wrote:The question regarding budgets is an interesting one. With better than average crowds and our own bar I would have thought we would have had a fairly competitive budget within this league (with the obvious exceptions). Do all of the clubs named have better facilities generating income or owners providing additional financial support?
Most of the clubs that we are told have a bigger budget barely have any fans or any facilities. We are talking about clubs who get crowds of 70 or 80, if that. Like you say, it's hard to see why we wouldn't have a competitive budget at this level

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 23 Nov 2015, 08:08

It's less to do with crowds and more to do with how many old boys (or young, for that matter) have their chequebooks open in the boardroom.

Salford are an obvious example but look at someone like Barwell who have v.small crowds but somehow pay the wages to attract good players locally. Someone at that club is writing blank chequers, I'm sure of it.

I was going to write this earlier in the thread but Rammy were going places last season until Salford pinched their managers, who in turn took the best players away from them. The keeper Shenton is about the only player that stayed. Now, as Raiden is keen to point out, they're rock bottom. Money talks.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Nov 2015, 08:44

Some great responses as regards the togetherness of players and fans and management and all. That's what most of us love about non league football, that's why we've turned our backs on the commercial corruptness of the professional game. I would want it no other way.
P.S Mr sponge, is a sycophant an elephant with a cold?

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 23 Nov 2015, 09:06

I think we could guess all day at how big/small team's budgets are. I do know from talking to various folks that apparently ours is one of the lowest, will never know for sure though.

Most teams in the league appear to have owners/chairman that put money in etc and invest in the infrastructure/organisation of the football clubs.

I suppose the question comes as to where do we move forwards? If we want to push for promotion etc we need more money/investment, where does that come from? But if we are to be self sufficient then it looks like it will be mid/lower end of the table which is probably the level we are at.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 23 Nov 2015, 09:21

yeltz85 wrote:I think we could guess all day at how big/small team's budgets are. I do know from talking to various folks that apparently ours is one of the lowest, will never know for sure though.

Most teams in the league appear to have owners/chairman that put money in etc and invest in the infrastructure/organisation of the football clubs.

I suppose the question comes as to where do we move forwards? If we want to push for promotion etc we need more money/investment, where does that come from? But if we are to be self sufficient then it looks like it will be mid/lower end of the table which is probably the level we are at.
if new investment was to be sought I'd obviously want the club to be very careful as to where that came from.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 23 Nov 2015, 09:31

Goes without saying Chris.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 23 Nov 2015, 10:30

The comments regarding the lack of budget are concerning. We were second only to FC Utd attendance wise, last season and as previously mentioned we have a decent bar to draw extra income.

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 23 Nov 2015, 12:00

andy wrote:Some great responses as regards the togetherness of players and fans and management and all. That's what most of us love about non league football, that's why we've turned our backs on the commercial corruptness of the professional game. I would want it no other way.
P.S Mr sponge, is a sycophant an elephant with a cold?
Very close Andy, it's a Donkey/Ass that's drank too much cider