Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Leek Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 10 Nov 2015, 21:38

Full time: 2.1

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 10 Nov 2015, 21:57

I enjoyed that... Pace up front, we attacked and we played some good football. I know they are a league below but there were still positives.

A win is a win and boosts confidence! Looking forward to Saturday now.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 10 Nov 2015, 23:39

Johnny Bud wrote:I enjoyed that... Pace up front, we attacked and we played some good football. I know they are a league below but there were still positives.

I thought as with every Leek Town team they were big, strong and well organised. They were fortunate to keep 10 men on the pitch firstly for Waite being bought down when through on goal. (Even though bizarrely the ref never even gave a free kick) - Clearly he knew that if he gave the free kick he'd have to send him off. The No2 was also lucky to only get yellow - some refs would have given red for that.

We could have won by a few more than we did in truth and I liked the 4-3-3 formation. I don't think we could use that in the NPL every week but i think when chasing games we do have the players to play it. Again I thought Morrison did well alongside Asa who seems to be defying his years at the moment. New bloke looked decent too, and with Lewis, Hull, and Ashley Parsons-Smith still to come back we look decent. Who is to say we don't sign more too?

Most pleasingly I think was the desire we had to win the game, yes it isn't as prestigious as the FA Cup or FA Trophy but football is about winning trophies and I think we should do our best to try and win this competition. Winning becomes a habit...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Nov 2015, 23:40

Johnny Bud wrote:I enjoyed that... Pace up front, we attacked and we played some good football. I know they are a league below but there were still positives.

Echo that, actually enjoyed watching Halesowen.

What I will say, though, is that we really didn't test their keeper too much. Lots of good football played and it's certainly a step in the right direction.

Hales deservedly Motm. He's come on leaps and bounds in his time here. He looks a completely different player.

I like the 4-3-3 we played today. Lots of width and attacking intent.

Although, it's worth noting the lesser opposition.

All in all, a good night. Looking forward to Saturday.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 11 Nov 2015, 07:17

RaidenYeltz wrote:

Echo that, actually enjoyed watching Halesowen.

What I will say, though, is that we really didn't test their keeper too much. Lots of good football played and it's certainly a step in the right direction.

Hales deservedly Motm. He's come on leaps and bounds in his time here. He looks a completely different player.

I like the 4-3-3 we played today. Lots of width and attacking intent.

Although, it's worth noting the lesser opposition.

All in all, a good night. Looking forward to Saturday.
I think you not drinking last night has made you see things from a different angle!

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 11 Nov 2015, 07:21

I agree that last night was a lot more pleasing on the eye than some of the previous performances I've seen down The Grove in recent times.

I am very much of the philosophy there is no such thing as a pointless game, it might be a cliche but football is about winning and winning breeds confidence. Like Rob said why shouldn't we set out to try and win the cup?

Anyway, much improved football and great to see a win! Roll on Saturday....

Up the Yeltz!

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 11 Nov 2015, 09:04

Yeltz TV