The Number 9 Derby

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: The Number 9 Derby

Post by RaidenYeltz » 01 Nov 2015, 10:53

Stourbr*dge were the better side on the day and deservedly won. Can't say much more than that.

We scored a well worked goal, again - keeping the ball on the floor does work!

Just watched the highlights - stone wall pen on Reffell.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 01 Nov 2015, 11:58

I was a little surprised at how flat the atmosphere was to be honest and the first 20 minutes seemed more like a pre season friendly with both teams keen to keep it tight. The first real challenge came after a about 35 minutes when Brags clattered their No7.
I thought they edged it to be honest and in the second half we just couldn't get the ball to Keyon and Daniels enough, most of the time it just came straight back at us. The more Keyon dropped off to try and get the ball the more isolated Daniels became.

As for the penalty, I can't make my mind up. If that had been given against us we'd be going made. There wasn't much contact and even if there was it is meant to be a contact sport. I can see why the referee didn't give it, I would imagine from his position he might not have seen too much. Yesterday was their day and good luck to them. The most frustrating thing for me was seeing Rob Elvins in the bar afterwards as he'd been there to watch yet we didn't fill the bench. What the hell is all that about?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 01 Nov 2015, 16:34

Agree with pretty much everything that has been said on here. Disappointing to lose yesterday but thought we played pretty well overall and we gave it a good go and the lads deserve a lot of credit for that.

Thought the first half was pretty even, we did well to equalise pretty much straight away.

Second half though I think they shaded it although we had the possible shout for a penalty and was hoping we could hold on as was bracing myself for a trip to Amblecote on Monday night but to be honest once they went 2-1 up you could only see one winner at the end.

So the better team won as think they edged it overall, which on paper you probably would have said before the game. It's a shame that they are that bit much ahead of us these days evidenced by the calibre of players they sign and the wages they can afford to pay, but that's another story I suppose.

Let's hope the lads can bounce back with a morale boosting victory on Tuesday night!

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 01 Nov 2015, 18:44

Can only agree with all the other comments. We played well, but Stourbr*dge had just that little bit extra in their locker. Overall, I think it was a fair result. I felt we should have tested or threatened their keeper more towards the end, as we did put a lot of pressure on them but struggled to find a way through. As for the Reffell penalty claim, you see those sort of challenges given, but I think it would have been harsh. Oh well, we'll let them have this one, bring on boxing day!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Nov 2015, 16:17

... and Stour got Carlton at home.