Ashton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton Updates

Post by juanillo » 17 Oct 2015, 21:42

RaidenYeltz wrote:I see various posts regarding attendance...who the hell is gunna pay £10 to watch the current sh*t we're subjected to? Post game, I bumped into a couple of people who've stopped going due to style of play.

The current hoof ball, aimless, negative rubbish atm is turning fans away and costing the club. It needs to change.

What's the difference in attendances between this season and last? Be interesting to know?

It seems like there's a big difference.
See link for attendances. Down a lot though FCUM out of the equation this year. http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/turnstile.php?s=2013

The football isn't great at all, but it isn't the worst in 20 years. The team relegated from the southern prem a few years ago was far worse.

I don't know about budgets, but there are many teams in this division that scarcely get half our support and we're told they're all somehow loaded with money.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 17 Oct 2015, 21:45

As we saw last week, these players can play. So stick whatever budget there is on a good coach and see what happens. At least it might provide some entertainment

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 18 Oct 2015, 00:39

Raiden, could you please explain what your statement of:
"petty playground attitudes have come back to bite this club in the arse again " ???????

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 18 Oct 2015, 08:04

We've played 18 games in all competitions and our top scorer has 3. I don't think it takes a genius to spot the biggest problem we have! Once injuries / suspensions kick it may get worse... Or it may gives the likes of Gueyes a chance to prove himself.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 18 Oct 2015, 13:59

I think Raiden means the schoolboy football that we have foisted on us! ::)

Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Frodo » 18 Oct 2015, 14:22

let me explicitly say it then: Give Matty Clarke a second crack as manager.
Surely LLL can post up his record...

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 18 Oct 2015, 14:24

The difficulty of course when you're signing players who aren't used to this league is it takes time for them to gel. I'm not sure one training session per week on a Thursday is enough to cover what happened on the two previous games of the Saturday and Tuesday as well as do fitness/conditioning work and work in preparation for the forthcoming game. The demands on the players and commitment required of the players is a lot really.

Individual errors are costing us goals, yet at the other end we're working hard but not getting the same generosity from opposition defenders and we're creating little ourselves. The simple answer is more quality is required, John knows that himself I'm sure. As he said at the recent fans forum, they're working all week to bring in the right players and won't sign players just for the sake of it.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Oct 2015, 14:56

RobYeltz wrote:The difficulty of course when you're signing players who aren't used to this league is it takes time for them to gel. I'm not sure one training session per week on a Thursday is enough to cover what happened on the two previous games of the Saturday and Tuesday as well as do fitness/conditioning work and work in preparation for the forthcoming game. The demands on the players and commitment required of the players is a lot really.

Individual errors are costing us goals, yet at the other end we're working hard but not getting the same generosity from opposition defenders and we're creating little ourselves. The simple answer is more quality is required, John knows that himself I'm sure. As he said at the recent fans forum, they're working all week to bring in the right players and won't sign players just for the sake of it.
Its alright bringing in the right players Rob, but would he allow them to actually play football or teach them to crane their necks to watch the UFO whizzing around above them?

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 18 Oct 2015, 15:16

andy wrote:
RobYeltz wrote:The difficulty of course when you're signing players who aren't used to this league is it takes time for them to gel. I'm not sure one training session per week on a Thursday is enough to cover what happened on the two previous games of the Saturday and Tuesday as well as do fitness/conditioning work and work in preparation for the forthcoming game. The demands on the players and commitment required of the players is a lot really.

Its alright bringing in the right players Rob, but would he allow them to actually play football or teach them to crane their necks to watch the UFO whizzing around above them?
I guess that remains to be seen doesn't it? It stands to reason though that better quality players will or should be able to play a better quality of football.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 18 Oct 2015, 15:32

Personally I think on paper certainly this should be the best quality side in terms of football experience we've had for a while but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to be working out. Obviously it could be a lot of factors but the most obvious reason that people were expressing to me as they left the ground was the style of play. Now obviously those of us that go week in week out will keep going but when the style of play is putting off the less regular punters then surely it becomes an issue. I'm not really giving my opinion just making an observation based on what I've heard recently. I think it's important that people back whatever decision is made but there definitely needs to be an improvement.