Ashton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton Updates

Post by andy » 17 Oct 2015, 18:35

.....and please, please dont anyone come on here with the 'in John Hill we trust' bollocks because the men in white coats will surely come calling.

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 17 Oct 2015, 18:36

Haven't commented for a while cos I don't like kicking a man when he's down. I agree that the defence has carried us for a while now and when they have a bad day (Tuesday ) we are in trouble
What worries me is the lack of vocal communication on the pitch , very apparent today until the last 15 minutes when they shouted at each other. Your fault , no your fault etc . The non chuckle brothers
Where has the team spirit gone ?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Oct 2015, 18:45

welshyeltz wrote:Haven't commented for a while cos I don't like kicking a man when he's down. I agree that the defence has carried us for a while now and when they have a bad day (Tuesday ) we are in trouble
What worries me is the lack of vocal communication on the pitch , very apparent today until the last 15 minutes when they shouted at each other. Your fault , no your fault etc . The non chuckle brothers
Glad you've come on here as you supplied the days highlight. Very tasty Barra brith. Thank you. ;D

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 17 Oct 2015, 18:57

andy wrote:
welshyeltz wrote:Haven't commented for a while cos I don't like kicking a man when he's down. I agree that the defence has carried us for a while now and when they have a bad day (Tuesday ) we are in trouble
Glad you've come on here as you supplied the days highlight. Very tasty Barra brith. Thank you. ;D
BARABRITHABILITY !

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 17 Oct 2015, 19:06

andy wrote:.....and please, please dont anyone come on here with the 'in John Hill we trust' bollocks because the men in white coats will surely come calling.
As you say Andy, folks are not being fooled anymore so surely nobody will come on spouting that "in John Hill we trust" crap.

With WBA at home today I was surprised the crowd was 340 - if this continues I feel we are heading for sub 300 Saturday crowds especially if the opposition bring few fans.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 17 Oct 2015, 19:46

When we have a man in midfield (Hales) who makes sure he does n't get near enough to put a challenge in and constantly gives the ball away when he has it and also two front players Pearson and McGee who run away from the ball ,so as to not get involved, then you are n't going to win many games, Yet we were told the two forwards were much sort after players and our getting them were major coups. Sort after by who ? We have nothing, no tactics no alternative and certainly no class and its so disappointing that it seems that the management are unable to rectify the situation. So we have no budget seems to be the excuse but that doesn't mean Mr Hill cannot sign ball players or try to play football anyway instead of this long ball, boot up in the air rubbish. I have held my opinions to myself up to now , but now my exasperations have surfaced.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 17 Oct 2015, 20:25

We are so poor at the moment. To the point where it's un-watchable. The football is aimless and lacks direction. It's just long ball after long ball. It's boring. There's at least 6 players who start regular who just don't give a toss and simply look like they don't want to be there. The whole team lack a spine and there's a clear lack of leadership. All in all, it's just a pile of wank at the moment and I can't see immediate improvement.

I'm not gunna sit here and wish for John to go, but if he was to quit / get sacked on Monday, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Ultimately the squad isn't good enough. We are 6 or so players short at the moment.

Can only assume money has dried up. No cup run or no external investment. Oh dear. Petty, playground attitudes have come back to bite this club in the arse.

Congratulations...

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 17 Oct 2015, 20:33

The budget thing is a total nonsense. Maybe there isn't any money, but Barwell won't have any budget either and they played the best football I've seen in a long time at this level the other night. Obviously, the Yeltz contributed to that but with good coaching you can do things at this level even without money. Ashton had a plan which had evidently been coached. We look clueless and to me it doesn't look like they've been coached anything.

On another point that was raised about the team and players not being vocal. This also applies to the management. When we were 0-0, 1-0 they were shouting all sorts. When we went 1-1 and then behind they went very quiet as though they'd run out of ideas

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 17 Oct 2015, 20:38

I see various posts regarding attendance...who the hell is gunna pay £10 to watch the current shit we're subjected to? Post game, I bumped into a couple of people who've stopped going due to style of play.

The current hoof ball, aimless, negative rubbish atm is turning fans away and costing the club. It needs to change.

What's the difference in attendances between this season and last? Be interesting to know?

It seems like there's a big difference.

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 17 Oct 2015, 20:50

*Runs in

HIGHLIGHTS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_xEAOKndZE

*Runs away again
Yeltz TV