Ashton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 17 Oct 2015, 16:35

They have just missed the easiest of easy chances ever to make it 3.1. It was truly unmissable! But they missed.

Hopefully that will prove costly for them!

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 17 Oct 2015, 16:38

Sub: Charles on. Elvins off.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 17 Oct 2015, 16:44

Dire!

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 17 Oct 2015, 16:44

MOTM: Bragoli

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 17 Oct 2015, 16:52

Lost 2.1

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 17 Oct 2015, 17:58

I think we were somewhat flattered by the score. The first was a poor one to concede but we were second best throughout and didn't create much.

They worked in twos and threes passing and supporting when going forward but we generally hit hopeful balls forward once we got in their half.

The last 2 games have been very disappointing after the promise of last Saturday.

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 17 Oct 2015, 18:03

lutleyyeltz wrote:Dire!
Was it that bad? - I could not make the game today but just as well by the sounds.
At least Platt was not to blame this time. Why was Daniels not involved today?
I look forward to the usual reports and Yeltz TV tomorrow
Last edited by gingeryeltz on 17 Oct 2015, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Frodo » 17 Oct 2015, 18:09

We seem to be lacking in a midfield and an effective strike force. I thought Hales was a non-entity for long periods of the game as was Pearson before his substitution.
Asa seemed to carry us with another excellent performance.

Tactics wise, I feel the "hoof it up field" idea which has been our idea for a couple of seasons proves particularly ineffective when we no longer have a player that can hold the ball up field.

That being said, we did look some what effective on the rare occasion when we actually passed the ball on the deck and people got involved. Perhaps if we tried to play football we wouldn't be competing the majority of the game in our own half once our 'kick up field' has been returned, and we perhaps wouldn't have to rely so heavily on our defence to keep us in games.

I think it also noticeable that man for man Ashton seemed to be able to control the ball better than us.

Both tactics and a few players need to change to say the least.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 17 Oct 2015, 18:28

Last week we were dire in the first half and then in the second half started passing it more and used the pace of Isaac on the left. So why, after the shambles of Tuesday was Isaac left on the bench and the usual long ball nonsense used yet again? Today it was just long balls giving the possession back to the opposition. What is the point of that. Like Juanillo says, when Ashton attacked they had a structure and a plan, it cant be that hard to do something like that if it's worked on. Ashton and Barwell arent high flying teams yet both have shown how football can be played at this level. The Yeltz players showed last week that they can play more than just hoofing it long so why is the instruction to keep doing it? It's mind numbing watching "football" like that.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Oct 2015, 18:33

If any one good thing has come out of the last 2 games it is this. NOBODY IS BEING FOOLED ANYMORE. All that carries this team is a cracking defence, so when as today and tuesday the defence lets us down were stuffed. Either Asa or Joe are our best players every week and aside from that we have little to cheer us. Maybe the midfield get a raw deal here because the ball spends most of the time sailing over their heads (in fact it spends most of its time flying over the forwards heads as well) but even when they do get it little is done with it. Up front we have a loanee and a bloke who i think has already retired, such is his involvement. There is simply NO PLAN B. I'm not even sure there's a Plan A. If there is John, could you pass it on to the players, and if what were seeing IS Plan A its time for you to move on.